Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gumbo Man View Post
    But very tasty.
    That ain’t no lie. Best eating duck there is IMHO.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenheadless View Post
      That ain’t no lie. Best eating duck there is IMHO.
      Why wouldn’t they be. They’re all corn fed like Jeff said.

Comment

Mexican pond ducks. thats all I got.

Comment

Correct

Fulvous Tree Ducks aka Mexican Squealers
          Neat ducks to watch. Danged if I know how they taste since I never shot one.

Edit: well guess I am wrong. Shadow shapes sure looked like them. Oh well
          Last edited by Tejas Wildlife; 06-29-2022, 10:00 PM.

Comment

Mexican black belly tree duck !
            They’re starting to appear all over Texas.
            They must have heard they opened the border.

Comment

Fulvous Tree Ducks aka Mexican Squealers
              Yep

Comment

Have one that's been hanging around our pond. Cool looking duck.

Comment

Used to get them at our feeders down near Victoria. Always looked for bands through the scope but never got lucky

Comment

Same kind as the pair that flies over my backyard every evening. Don't know where they came from or where they went but you can hear them coming and going. They are bigger than Mallards and should be a goose.

Comment

Only duck I have ever seen that enjoys sitting on powerlines. We have a couple hundred that call our community lakes home year round.

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
                        Same kind as the pair that flies over my backyard every evening. Don't know where they came from or where they went but you can hear them coming and going. They are bigger than Mallards and should be a goose.
                        They are actually in the goose family, even though they are called a ‘duck’.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenheadless View Post
                          They are actually in the goose family, even though they are called a ‘duck’.
                          Really? Learn something new every day. No wonder they are so vocal. Five years ago 2 showed up and nested in our front yard. Now we have about 8 coming to our hood...

Comment

They do behave more like geese than ducks... They are not tied to water... We have 'em all over South Texas and I can honestly say that I've never seen one on any of our dirt tanks with all the other ducks we have. They will land in food plots and "graze" just like geese! They fly like geese too... Beautiful ducks... Would love to get one with my bow.

Comment

The one on the right is on the wall. They make outstanding and unique mounts.

Comment

Working...
                              X