• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ring Suggestions

Looking for ring suggestions for the following set up:

Christianson Arms Ridgeline .308 & Nightforce SHV 4-14 x 56

I believe it is a .20 Mia rail

Ring brands/type and height

Primary use is hunting and ringing steel at distance.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’d stick with .94-1.0” high rings. Brand doesn’t matter so much as long as they are quality. Seekins is my go to for quality and price, but ARC, NF, Hawkins, and Badger amongst a few others are all great rings.

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
      I’d stick with .94-1.0” high rings. Brand doesn’t matter so much as long as they are quality. Seekins is my go to for quality and price, but ARC, NF, Hawkins, and Badger amongst a few others are all great rings.

What he said! All are good rings.
      Id just go with the NF ultra lights. Call it a day.

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post

This.

I’ve become a huge fan of ARC rings. Mounting and leveling the scope is super easy with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Thanks for the responses and suggestions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

NF ultralight lows will clear that fine up to a M24 contour and should give you just a touch of wiggle room to put caps or a thin cover on if desired.

Comment

My setup; proof sender profile, 56mm objective, 1" high Seekins rings are perfect and allow just enough space for scope caps if you want them.

Comment

I always sugect Burris signature tactical rings. Best ring money can buy.

Comment

Zeiss’s new rings are really nice if you don’t want the large hex nuts hanging off the side and have a micro bubble level built in.

Comment

Originally posted by gatorgrizz27 View Post
                    Zeiss’s new rings are really nice if you don’t want the large hex nuts hanging off the side and have a micro bubble level built in.

https://www.zeiss.com/consumer-produ...ion-rings.html
                    Buddy of mine is sending a set of these back to Zeiss after they constantly slip in this same gun in 300WM. He is supremely perturbed about it. Installed properly and torqued per their recommendations. After the first time he called them and they said go to 22 in-lbs. Scope (Leupold Mk5) still slipped dang near an 1/8". He's as upset about the wasted components during load development that he can't tell whether it's the load or the scope/ mount causing the issue.

Comment

The shape of the Ridgeline stocks doesn't tend to go well with pic rails and tall rings which you will need for you 56mm OBJ.

If you are gonna use the pic rail then go with either NF Ultralights or Seekins for rings-- but I'd also expect to need a stock pack to get comb height to a point where you have a good repeatable position.

I think the Hawkins Hybrid Highs would be a good choice for not using a pic rail -- the lows are enough for a 50mm to clear a Proof on a short action so the highs ought to clear a 56mm fine.

Comment

Working...
                      X