2022 Crappie Thread

I figured I would get us a fresh thread for 2020
    Click image for larger version

Name:	125465751_849599122480861_5200684740513716948_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	62.7 KB
ID:	25271316

Fellows
    Please take 2 minutes and watch this short video about cold water safety. We have a couple of fellows every year die here on LOP.
    This suit could save your life

Last edited by Buff; 01-03-2022, 08:05 AM.

Comment

That’s a good one Marty !

Comment

2020!? I'm working today and tomorrow but back in the saddle Wednesday! I expect fish will be harmed. I remember that day. I think my boat was right behind her. Great fish!

Think we fish 12-13 national tournaments this year and 6 local club tourneys and maybe a few others. I wish Wally would announce the qualifiers for the Crappie Expo soon. I would like to fish a couple of those even though we're already qualified for next year at Branson. He put's on a heck of a show but to be honest I'm not real excited about going back to Table Rock but I bet the excitement will grow as we get closer. Our goal last year was to get a trophy and that happened on the second to last national tourney of the year with a second place finish at the Crappie Masters National Championship on Darbonne. We start our national season back there the end of February and then go back again in late March for the American Crappie Trail National Champioship. We fish Grenada 3 times this year, Lake Washington, Rend Lake, Quachita river twice, Truman Lake twice, and one national tourney on Fork for Crappie Masters. Crappie USA didn't come back to Fork, was hoping for a hat trick on Pro Series wins there but won't happen!

Looking forward to Grenada in March, if we can catch the water right that could be another EPIC trip! We had 7 crappie that weighted 20.94 pounds last year. Probably saved me $1500 not having that .06 to get us to 21 pounds because there would have been a replica stringer made! It did include my personal best of 3.71! Almost forgot to get her measurements before I turned her loose! My son also landed his first 3 pounder last year and is currently the Lake Fork Jr Angler record holder at 3.17! Super proud of him but sure wish I caught it that day! Oh well!

Thanks to all the great partners that help us out along the way! We couldn't do it without you!

Hide 2022 slabs! I'm coming to your town!!

Slew

Comment

Thanks for starting a new thread Marty. And for the safety tip link.

The best to all out there this year!

The fish are biting, and there's hogs to be kill-t. Gotta go!

Comment

Originally posted by Slew View Post
            2020!? I'm working today and tomorrow but back in the saddle Wednesday! I expect fish will be harmed. I remember that day. I think my boat was right behind her. Great fish!

Think we fish 12-13 national tournaments this year and 6 local club tourneys and maybe a few others. I wish Wally would announce the qualifiers for the Crappie Expo soon. I would like to fish a couple of those even though we're already qualified for next year at Branson. He put's on a heck of a show but to be honest I'm not real excited about going back to Table Rock but I bet the excitement will grow as we get closer. Our goal last year was to get a trophy and that happened on the second to last national tourney of the year with a second place finish at the Crappie Masters National Championship on Darbonne. We start our national season back there the end of February and then go back again in late March for the American Crappie Trail National Champioship. We fish Grenada 3 times this year, Lake Washington, Rend Lake, Quachita river twice, Truman Lake twice, and one national tourney on Fork for Crappie Masters. Crappie USA didn't come back to Fork, was hoping for a hat trick on Pro Series wins there but won't happen!

Looking forward to Grenada in March, if we can catch the water right that could be another EPIC trip! We had 7 crappie that weighted 20.94 pounds last year. Probably saved me $1500 not having that .06 to get us to 21 pounds because there would have been a replica stringer made! It did include my personal best of 3.71! Almost forgot to get her measurements before I turned her loose! My son also landed his first 3 pounder last year and is currently the Lake Fork Jr Angler record holder at 3.17! Super proud of him but sure wish I caught it that day! Oh well!

Thanks to all the great partners that help us out along the way! We couldn't do it without you!

Hide 2022 slabs! I'm coming to your town!!

Slew
            Well look at you [emoji1787][emoji1787]. Looking forward to another great year and full stringers. I kid I kid.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Woooooo! !

Let's go 22! Here's to loose women, tight lines, and full drinks!

More rooster tail!!!!

Got permission on a huge private lake by my house that's supposedly loaded with crappie. We shall see!

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Flex found the thread before I could bump it up.

I had to finish help-n my Uncle S. Then went to feed my pet deer. Got home and had to dispatch a rodent in the live trap. 30 minutes till my bedtime. Try-n to eat somethun. And catch up.
                Last edited by Texas Grown; 01-03-2022, 07:33 PM.

Comment

Better get a crappie get together on the calendar too slew! It is the most important date!

May fish this weekend. Wife has a bathroom remodel with my name on though.

Comment

Nice fish to start this year, good luck to all.

Comment

Originally posted by TeamAmerica View Post
                      Better get a crappie get together on the calendar too slew! It is the most important date!

Put her name on it

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Tell her you’ll get too it soon as the fish quit biting!! Eventually she will hire it out when she figured out they never quit biting! Works for me!!

Comment

Originally posted by TeamAmerica View Post

Sounds like a good idea to me.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Keith View Post
                            Sounds like a good idea to me.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk
                            Maybe on a lake that is not 12' high and have an actual crappie get together instead of a White Bass Gymboree?

Still had a good time, the beer was cold and food was good!

Comment

Originally posted by Flex View Post
                              Maybe on a lake that is not 12' high and have an actual crappie get together instead of a White Bass Gymboree?

Still had a good time, the beer was cold and food was good!
                              Lemons and lemonade my friend. Think of it as being at the ice house 3 minutes from closing time and that hefty girl that's been cutting her eyes and tipping that Busch all nite at ya

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X