Racoon Problem - Traps Needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Racoon Problem - Traps Needed

What traps do yiu recommend for racoons? I have 5 that are living under a feeder. Have plenty more making home at 2 other feeders.

What the best method for trapping? What traps do you recommend? Best place to buy?

Dukes dog proof baited with corn, protein, dry cat food plus many others works well.

I’ve been told that Golden Malrin in a pie plate with Big Red works great too. I have no personal experience though……

Comment

We don't have a ton of coons where we hunt so never pay too much attention but I feel i've seen a whole lot of people with the Duke's coon traps. One on each feeder leg. Below is a link but maybe someone can point you somewhere cheaper.

The Duke Dog Proof Coon Trap features a fully enclosed dog proof design with powerful coil springs, a sensitive trigger system and a straight spade staking system.  The trap is fired when the raccoon reaches in for your bait, and instead grabs the trigger, firing the trap.  

Comment

Duke's dog proof traps. Keith's Ace in Brady is usually stocked up on traps.

Comment

Yup dukes are the only way to go. We set 18 one time and the next morning 18 coons were caught.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

X2 on Dukes.

Comment

Since no one has mentioned it Dukes coon traps are what we use.

Comment

Originally posted by texan4ut View Post
                X2 on Dukes.
                x infinity on Duke

Comment

Can't beat dukes.

Comment

Dukes are good. Personally I like Ztraps better. Dukes only trip when a coon pulls the trigger. Ztraps work whether they push or pull it.

Comment

In Mexico we use Senor' Dukes idiot proof trapps, we stik marchmellows in dem and wait for the dinner to be there the next day.

Comment

The Dukes do the trick quick and easy. I use marshmallows for bait. Put 10 out last weekend and caught 8 coons the first night.

Comment

Golden Malrin or Purina Monkey food. Use big red with the GM, I've SEEN people use this and THEY put it under logs so the coons are the only ones that get too it. Never seen the deer mess with it.

Comment

As stated above several times, dukes dog proof coon traps. One on each feeder leg baited with marshmallows corn cat food or sardines. Next mornin go and pop in head with 22. Release trap and haul off theivin offenders.

Comment

Originally posted by Fajkus7 View Post
                              Dukes are good. Personally I like Ztraps better. Dukes only trip when a coon pulls the trigger. Ztraps work whether they push or pull it.
                              The z-traps are bad about catching squirrels and possums though.

Comment

Working...
                              X