Vacuum Sealer Recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vacuum Sealer Recommendations

I have an old Food Saver model that i've used for the last 8 or 9 years and has "worked" but doesn't do a great job during the vacuum process.

I only process 3-5 animals a year but likely to go up since my boys are reaching hunting age.

What vacuum sealers are you guys using and having good luck with?

Vac Master pro 3500 has been good to me for the last 5 or 6 years go through 5or 6 deer and lots of fish usually

Comment

Weston 2300 is an awesome machine.

Comment

I went to the Vacmaster Pro 350 a couple of years ago with no complaints. I was using a Food Saver prior to that.

Comment

I'm still rocking a 20-25 year old cheap Foodsaver.

Does a great job. Probably done over 100 deer.

When it dies I'll get another Foodsaver.

Comment

I just got the meatyourmaker.com chamber vac. Very impressed with machine so far.

Comment

Does anyone have any experience with the cabela/bass pro commercial series? I have gift cards i wouldn't mind using up.

Comment

My wife bought me the Weston 2300 last year for Christmas. Used a food saver for a very long time and it finally started giving up.

Comment

Originally posted by GA Bowhunter View Post
                  I'm still rocking a 20-25 year old cheap Foodsaver.

Does a great job. Probably done over 100 deer.

When it dies I'll get another Foodsaver.
                  The old ones were pretty good the new ones not so much

Comment

For the money, I went with foodsaver last year. Though I would like one of the large Weston types.

Comment

Ditto on the Weston 2300. Mine is 7 years old and awsome.

Comment

I have cabelas commercial and have used it for years with no problems. I've found that good bags are extremely important, have great luck with cabelas brand and foodsaver..

Comment

tagged

Comment

I ponied up for the VacMaster vp215 this year and it has been worth every penny so far. If you put up any amount of fish it is a god send, not having to worry about moisture in the bags makes it so easy, as well as the double seal bar. Bags are also significantly cheaper than normal food saver style bags. I put up 43 bags of hamburger meat 2 days ago and it ran consecutively. Not once having to wait for the seal bars to "cool" off.

It is pricey, but I see it as an investment and the ease of use makes it worth it.
                            The only downfall I can see is the size of the chamber, but haven't ran into that issue yet.

If you plan to buy one, I recommend the WebStraunt website, they were the cheapest and all the reviews I've seen shows good customer service.

Comment

Originally posted by TylerDale View Post
                              Not once having to wait for the seal bars to "cool" off.

It is pricey......
                              Holy crap! At that kinda price, you'd better not be have to even think about waiting for anything!!

Comment

Working...
                              X