2015\2016 duramax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2015\2016 duramax

Looking for firsthand experience with these trucks. Please no brand debating, only looking for real life experience. Any info or reviews on the power train and emissions system would be great. Thanks

I've got a '15. It has 42k miles on it and I've been happy so far. No issues. I'll have owned it a year tomorrow. I traded in a 2006 cummins that I had driven for 9 years and it was a good truck but I haven't had any buyer's remorse.

Comment

Cool. Exact type of feedback I am looking for. Keep em coming good or had

Comment

I have a 2015 with 42k. It's in the shop with a bad EGR valve. I'm doing an emission delete and exhaust. Warranty will be gone but I bet this problem don't come back. Plus I'll end up around 500hp.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Lonestar Hunter; 01-29-2016, 06:24 PM.

Comment

Warranty coverage on egr valve?

Comment

Originally posted by fbchunter View Post
            Warranty coverage on egr valve?
            Yes, it's covered in 100k power train. Guaranteed to go out every 50k-75k
            Duramax = best motor / transmission worst Emmission systems .

Comment

Some I didn't want to hear and some I did. I thought the dodge I had several years ago was the worst. Thanks for your feedback

Comment

Originally posted by fbchunter View Post
                Some I didn't want to hear and some I did. I thought the dodge I had several years ago was the worst. Thanks for your feedback
                Don't mean to discourage. I love my truck!!!!

Comment

10-4 point well taken. Looking for good honest opinions and that's what you gave me

Comment

I have a 15 duramax, only problem I have is there is a rattle in the headliner, about to drive me nuts, I have had a new one almost every year since 2002.

Comment

I have a 15 love the power I move lots of cattle and couldn't be happier. The inside fit and finish is great too.....

Comment

No experience with a new one but I love the heck outta my old one.

Comment

Originally posted by mjhaverkamp View Post
                          I have a 15 duramax, only problem I have is there is a rattle in the headliner, about to drive me nuts, I have had a new one almost every year since 2002.
                          It is the Velcro strips holding it up. Drives me nuts. Going to upholstery shop next week to have them improve the attachment mechanism.

Comment

Originally posted by STGS View Post
                            It is the Velcro strips holding it up. Drives me nuts. Going to upholstery shop next week to have them improve the attachment mechanism.
                            I have had mine to the dealer once, they could not find it, taking it back Monday, if they do not fix it they can keep it.

Comment

I have two '15s. One I've had just over a year and it's better than the one I've had a couple months. Both have good power. The older one is a one ton and gets better mileage than the newer 3/4 ton. One ton has a flat bed and full replacement. Several people in town have had trouble with their new duramax pick ups.

Comment

Working...
                              X