Budget BBQ Pit/Smoker Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Budget BBQ Pit/Smoker Build

So I was given an old bbq pit/ offset smoker by an uncle. I decided to make it easier to move around, so I acquired a small boat trailer from another uncle. Shortened tongue, added a 2" hitch and swing up jack. Took the floor off the trailer and then mounted the pit. Found a discarded square tubing frame box for wood, and other supplies. Had to shorten it about a foot and add mesh to the two sides. Then some plate on the deck in the front finished it out. A bit of wire brushing and a few hours painting later, I have a finished product. Now this doesnt compare to the level of craftmanship that i have seen on here, but hey, I am proud of it. And total cost is less than $250.
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files
      Last edited by BWDean; 07-28-2013, 06:34 PM.

Comment

Nice work.

Comment

Very Nice

Comment

Like!

Comment

Good job

Comment

looks fine and I bet it cooks just as good as the 1,000 dollars ones do.

Comment

Nice Job.

Comment

Looks real good

Comment

Ive done a few racks of ribs so far and a bacon wrapped tenderloin. All were pretty good. still playing with the firewood/charcoal ratio to keep it easy to manage temp and still have smoke flavor. Added a thermometer in the cooking box and found an 8" stove pipe damper and put in between fire box and cooking box in that short piece of pipe. It works really good adjusting the heat, but I think more charcoal and less wood will make it even easier. I am completely new to the smoking meat game but everything has been edible so far. Ready to pull it to deer camp and put some fresh swine on that joker.

Comment

Nice job

Comment

Man that's awesome. Great project. I've always wanted to try something like that.

Comment

Very nice

Comment

Love the rolled diamond plate.don't see it much anymore

Comment

Working...
                              X