No announcement yet.

DIY Bass Lake....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coming along great, can't wait to see you cranking big ol bass out of that thing!

Comment

Moving up the North Shoreline. They rented a dozer to work over the shallow area last weekend while I was stuck in the office. All this area was high and dry last weekend.

[ATTACH]624140[/ATTACH]
      New small cut running into the channel on the right

[ATTACH]624141[/ATTACH]
      Big hump against a tree to help mark it.

[ATTACH]624142[/ATTACH]
      Added a mound around this stump just off the channel

[ATTACH]624143[/ATTACH]
      A view looking into the far East shallow end. The rest of my pictures down here were real fuzzy and don't show anything, but the trees you can see just the the left should be just a few inches under water to help grow grass and make a spawning area. There's a channel around the island that will be 2.5-3' deep so you can run a boat around it.

[ATTACH]624144[/ATTACH]
      View looking down the main channel heading back towards the main body of the lake.

[ATTACH]624145[/ATTACH]
      They added a bunch of these cuts and little mini drops along the shallow area. Not sure how long they will last, but while they do it should provide ambush areas. We'll see if they are in enough water to be productive.

Comment

It's like every 2 feet there is another honey hole you guys created. I bet you could cast a line anywhere in this place and pull out fish. I bet the bass get nice and fat.

Comment

Place looks better each time... How much rain did yall get these last few days?

Comment

I've came back to this thread several times to see the progress. Each time I get more and more jealous. What a great project and something you can enjoy for generations and years to come.

Comment

this is coming along very nicely. Keep the pics coming!!!

Comment

Excited to see another update so quick.

I'm trying to think of what could make this place more awesome but nothing is coming to mind. Maybe a draw bridge...

Comment

Wow looks great!

I can't believe how clear the water is....usually a new pond with all that red dirt it could stay muddy for several years unless you treat it with Aluminum Sulfate or Gypsum.

Comment

I'm in for the follow. This looks great!

Comment

Dang, thats a good looking lake! Thats going be a blast to fish once its completed and stocked.

Comment

Originally posted by jkelbe View Post
                        It's like every 2 feet there is another honey hole you guys created. I bet you could cast a line anywhere in this place and pull out fish. I bet the bass get nice and fat.
                        Thanks. It's funny, as the lake fills we keep forgetting where things were and saying "wish we'd taken a picture of that spot"

Originally posted by 3DW5 View Post
                        Place looks better each time... How much rain did yall get these last few days?
                        Not much, think they got 2 tenths

Originally posted by HoustonHunter94 View Post
                        I've came back to this thread several times to see the progress. Each time I get more and more jealous. What a great project and something you can enjoy for generations and years to come.
                        Thanks

Originally posted by Reaper33 View Post
                        this is coming along very nicely. Keep the pics coming!!!
                        Appreciate it

Originally posted by The General View Post
                        Excited to see another update so quick.

I'm trying to think of what could make this place more awesome but nothing is coming to mind. Maybe a draw bridge...
                        Ha, Then we'd need a bigger island.

Originally posted by unclefish View Post
                        Wow looks great!

I can't believe how clear the water is....usually a new pond with all that red dirt it could stay muddy for several years unless you treat it with Aluminum Sulfate or Gypsum.
                        Another small tank on the place has filled up from runoff only. It is still pretty murky.

Originally posted by TRH View Post
                        I'm in for the follow. This looks great!
                        Originally posted by tfowler10 View Post
                        Dang, thats a good looking lake! Thats going be a blast to fish once its completed and stocked.
                        Appreciate it.

Comment

Moving out of the shallows now.

[ATTACH]624475[/ATTACH]
                          Gravel, Gravel, Gravel. Pea Gravel is a bad word on the green screen and to my back. The whole south bank has the gravel spawning beds.

[ATTACH]624476[/ATTACH]
                          Another little mound that drops into the channel behind it.

[ATTACH]624477[/ATTACH]
                          This is very cool. They fashioned an old tank da m off the end of the middle point. Dug out deep on the left. The whole thing is covered in gravel now as well.

[ATTACH]624478[/ATTACH]
                          Another cut that runs side of the old tank da m. Also covered in gravel.

Comment

Thanks for another update.

Seeing the fishing dock way in the back of those pictures puts it in a better perspective for me

Comment

Originally posted by The General View Post
                              Thanks for another update.

Seeing the fishing dock way in the back of those pictures puts it in a better perspective for me
                              Wish I could get an aerial to show the layout. The panoramas don't show it as well as something from above.

Comment

Last ones from this past weekend.

[ATTACH]624500[/ATTACH]
                                Long sloping point with gravel beds and the lake inspector photo bombing. The two orange flags in this picture represent the final water level.

[ATTACH]624501[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]624502[/ATTACH]
                                Farther down the bank. On the far left side you can see a rock pile just barely sticking up. There's another rock pile just beyond the grass at center that is all ready under. You can see the very tips of the brush out in the center. We marked the larger deep brush piles, humps, stumps and fish condos with duck decoys. Mallard hen is going to be a hog maker.

[ATTACH]624503[/ATTACH]
                                Last picture. Far south bank on the inlet that leads to the two culverts. (they are directly behind me in the picture). Brush just right of center is a hump and the channel runs on either side of it. We put a row of cedars between where I was standing and the hump. Water should back up 20-25' into the trees on the left.

Comment

Working...
                                X