Knife inspiration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Knife inspiration

After seeing Puggy's thread on the Sharpfinger and it being one of my all time favorite vintage knives it inspired me to get off'n the couch and head out to my shop. Found a piece of 1095 and set to work laying out and cutting out this blank on my bandsaw. Did a little different twist on the handle shape and will post some more pics as I get into the grinding. Thanks Puggy for the inspiration I been wanting to do something different from the EDC's I been doing. Always keep it fun!
    Attached Files

Looking good. In for some more pics

Comment

Looking good! Can’t wait to see the finished product!

Comment

Can't wait to see the end result. It's been one of my best sellers.

Comment

Looks good Steve.
          I finally got to put my knife to use on few pigs last weekend. Made quick work.

Comment

Originally posted by Puggy625 View Post
            Can't wait to see the end result. It's been one of my best sellers.
            Welcome[emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TP3 View Post
              Looks good Steve.
              I finally got to put my knife to use on few pigs last weekend. Made quick work.
              PM sent

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                Welcome[emoji16]

Ha. You've got the best looking one that I've made. If your old man ain't stole it yet. Lol

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

Ha. You've got the best looking one that I've made. If your old man ain't stole it yet. Lol

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
                  I'm ashamed to admit it hasn't even got bloody. When I've had deer down it's not with me and it don't seem right puttin such a nice knife into a pig.

Pops does like it though

Comment

Got up early and it's nice and cool so I ground the blade. Made a full flat grind so I would have a nice thin blade for slicing and dicing. Since I intend to put this to lots of hard use I may use Micarta for the handle scales.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Next I will fire up the gas frankenforge and normalize the blade. This blade is real thin and being 1095 that is prone to warp and crack it needs to be normalized real good but not too hot. If I don't normalize it will warp/crack for sure when I quench it. Tempted to normalize it twice but sometimes more is not good. I'm an amature so I learn by trail and error

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
                        After seeing Puggy's thread on the Sharpfinger and it being one of my all time favorite vintage knives it inspired me to get off'n the couch and head out to my shop. Found a piece of 1095 and set to work laying out and cutting out this blank on my bandsaw. Did a little different twist on the handle shape and will post some more pics as I get into the grinding. Thanks Puggy for the inspiration I been wanting to do something different from the EDC's I been doing. Always keep it fun!
                        Not sure but it looks like the "inspiration" thread that I posted got deleted. Can't find it anywhere. Mods?

Comment

Not sure but it looks like the "inspiration" thread that I posted got deleted. Can't find it anywhere. Mods?
                          I don't think mods like knife threads unless maybe it's a build along for a knife you plan on using yourself. Seems it requires a supporting membership of $500 to post pics of finished knives for sale. All mine on previous knives i've made also got deleted even though they were not offered for sale.
                          The purpose of this thread is to do a build along and help show any novice or hobbyist like me the stages of making yourself a knife. Hope it holds at least until I get finished.

Comment

Ok got the blade normalized and it looks OK and still straight.
                            Attached Files

Comment

I like the shape of that blade!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X