Need some technical advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need some technical advice

This is my first go at archery, and bow hunting. Got a Mathews Z3 back in March, setup to 65# initially. Was shooting decent 4-5 inch groups, but after about 50-75 arrows, my groups opened up to the left and down. Re-sighted and got my groups back. Another 100 or so arrows, some with Rage practice heads, and moved down/left again.
    I took it in to check draw weight and it was down near 60#, string stretched. We turned it back up to 65#, I sighted in since I got new arrows and upped my spine and was shooting better than ever, picture attached I hope. Problem now is I'm starting to notice the practice heads are diving on me at closer distances. I normally practice at 40-50 yards, and when I shoot 30 and under it's almost like a 12 to 6 curve ball coming off the rest.
    The weirdest part is I noticed my D-Loop cocked 90 degrees left after 3 shots with the practice heads, but it hasn't happened again. Any ideas? I'm trying to diagnose before I start rest tuning for the broadheads.
    Attached Files

Does your bow have a drop away rest? String stretch will mess up the timing plus your nock point (D-loop). Need to get the bow back in spec after the string settles.

Comment

Yes it does, thank you for pointing that out. What do you think, maybe put another 100 arrows through it to get the string to settle?

Comment

It sounds like your bow needs to be brought back in to spec. Check AtA, Knocking point, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by glpoe1 View Post
          It sounds like your bow needs to be brought back in to spec. Check AtA, Knocking point, etc.
          I'll get back to my archery shop and go through the protocol. I appreciate your thoughts.

Comment

Another thing, it is not good to leave your bow inside a hot vehicle. What area do you live in? There’s some really good bow techs here in central Texas.

Comment

I store it indoors. I'm in Fort Worth, near a couple of good shops. I'll run it up to my local shop on Tuesday.
              I got back out and shot a couple dozen more arrows late afternoon at 30 yards. Wasn't getting the dive with the practice heads I was yesterday.Unsure if this is normal or not, but if I set my bottom limb flat on a level surface, my sight bubble is pushed way left. I focused on keeping my bubble near the far right of center to take any "english" of the arrow and seemed to straighten things out. I may have found my issue. ???

Comment

Not sure about all of it, but I had an issue with my dloop twisting like that. The shop told me it was from nocking my arrow out to the side and then rolling it into place on the rest.

Comment

Working...
                X