Buy or Lease wife's vehicle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buy or Lease wife's vehicle

Wife is ready for an upgrade and she deserves it. She mentioned leasing and has heard good things. Im worried about going over mileage, having to pay small damage fees and stuff at the end, etc.

Anyone lease and recommend it? I would never do it for my truck, but she is looking for a new, nice SUV and no plans to change anything with it.

NO unless there is a business write off reason, I would NEVER lease.

Comment

wife talked me into to her getting a lease never again. Motherinlaw was in a lease she died and we had to pay the lease off. Our name was nowhere on the documents. We turned it in and got a letter from a lawyer demading the remaining 5 month or we would be sued. We settled on smaller amount just to save me the time and hassle of having to get a lawyer. My thoughts on a lease noway

Comment

I was always 100% against leasing and I still do not think it is a good option. With that being said, my wife doesn't drive a lot and she likes a new vehicle every few years. She is on her 3rd lease vehicle, and it has honestly been great. Besides the monetary loss, I actually like it better. She takes it in to get free service every few months, it is always under warranty, and when she gets a new one they deliver it to her and pick up the old one. I have come to the realization that I will always have a car payment for her. Which is fine, she does not ask or want for a lot and spends far less than I do.

Comment

Originally posted by wlgorman View Post
          Wife is ready for an upgrade and she deserves it. She mentioned leasing and has heard good things. Im worried about going over mileage, having to pay small damage fees and stuff at the end, etc.

Anyone lease and recommend it? I would never do it for my truck, but she is looking for a new, nice SUV and no plans to change anything with it.
          Do you hate money? Sweet, get a lease.

Comment

I would never lease. I think it is a lot smarter to keep cars for a long time and not have perpetual payments. But if you are someone that has to have a new car every couple years and can meet the mileage limitations it can make more sense than getting upside down on car values

Comment

We lease wife’s Lexus. It works great for us. They have some great offers.

Comment

It really depends on your situation.We did it once when we first got married and it worked out great.

DJ

Comment

There are a ton of lease options out there. You just have to find the one that works best for you.

My Better Half is the same as some have mentioned here. I'm not going to pay the cash out of pocket for a car she will be tired of in 2 years. Not to mention the type of car she wants / deserves and has earned.

Leasing has absolutely been the best option for us.

If you aren't going to drive the vehicle for a year or so without a payment, then I dont see how buying a vehicle is better than leasing.

Comment

Buying a new car is “throwing money away”.

Comment

We’ve done the leasing game and it wasn’t good for us. Also I hate car payments.

Basically if you want a car payment all the time and can fit within the restrictions of the lease it may work for you.

But it can be expensive to get out of it if you don’t follow the guidelines.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Nope. I wouldn't lease. My wife leased a brand new cadi 2 years ago and after the first year she was way over mileage so we just bought the car outright.

Comment

I have been screwed by a lease before right out of high school. Unless it can be used for taxes I would run.

Comment

Originally posted by stinkbelly View Post
                            I have been screwed by a lease before right out of high school. Unless it can be used for taxes I would run.
                            By screwed you mean you didn’t read/follow/adhere to the agreement? Or the dealership came by and drove it around while you were sleeping?

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
                              By screwed you mean you didn’t read/follow/adhere to the agreement? Or the dealership came by and drove it around while you were sleeping?
                              this made me laugh

Comment

Working...
                              X