New knife from Stic.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New knife from Stic.

In my seemingly fruitless quest to find a Kephart style knife made from an Old Hickory butchers knife I received a welcome message from Sticshooter on here. After a few messages back and forth and a short wait while the sheath was built this arrived in the mail today.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Stic Kephart.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	69.7 KB
ID:	25137147

Wicked sharp when it got here but I'll still dress the blade a bit before use. Got here in time to break it in with a hog hunt near the end of next month. It's bigger than I expected and had a great balance and feel. This is for sure a forever knife, something my daughter will have long after I'm gone.

Thanks Frank!

God bless and happy hunting.
    Richard.
    Last edited by Junkers88; 01-24-2018, 06:50 PM.

Very nice indeed. I’d love to get my hands on a stick one of these days.

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Nice knife.

Comment

I'm glad you finally got one made. That one looks nice. Did he put a a new handle on it?

Comment

Originally posted by SamHarper View Post
          I'm glad you finally got one made. That one looks nice. Did he put a a new handle on it?
          He did. I was surprised at how well it fits my hand.

Richard.

Comment

Looks good, and congratulations.

Comment

STIC, haven't heard Frank's name in a year or so. He makes one fine knife.

Comment

Nice knife

Comment

If you don't mind.....how long is the blade ?? The balance looks about perfect and I happen to have a couple of Old Hickory knives just begging to be re shaped.

Comment

Originally posted by Winman View Post
                    If you don't mind.....how long is the blade ?? The balance looks about perfect and I happen to have a couple of Old Hickory knives just begging to be re shaped.
                    The over all length is 9.75" Blade is 5". It's darn sure weighted nicely.

Richard.

Comment

glad ya like it. I made a lot of knives from other knives when i started messing around with knives...and called them cheat'R knives<><
                      Last edited by sticshooter; 01-27-2018, 09:28 PM.

Comment

Nice knife! Arvin

Comment

Beautiful

Comment

Nice knife... Good luck on your hog hunt. Where are you going hog hunting?

Comment

Originally posted by caughtandhobble View Post
                              Nice knife... Good luck on your hog hunt. Where are you going hog hunting?
                              It's some kind of thing out at Granger. 3 days of a bunch of us out shooting hogs, can't eat what you don't kill, stuff like that. It's listed here in the forums (GRXH 2018). Looks to be something like 50 bow hunters headed out to.... well I'm not sure exactly what's going to happen other than some pig hunting and beer drinking. To be honest I just want to go hunt something. The beer doesn't hold that much appeal to me.

Richard.

Comment

Working...
                              X