Climbing stand mods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Climbing stand mods

Let's see/ hear how you mod your climbers.

I have a summit elite sd and I have added a coat of plastic rubber paint to it and added side bags from an old gorilla stand to it. And a set of mole straps.

Thinking of a silent seat

Have third hand stabilizer straps and bow holder on the way. Will post pics when I get it set up.

What are you all doing to customize your stands?

no one wants to play?

Comment

Pics?

Comment

I need to buy a climbing stand on the cheap

Comment

I will post mine as soon as I get my straps and bow holder. Thought it might be a fun thread to see what others have done to there climbers.

Comment

What's up Dug? I have only added a bow holder and a hook to one of my stands The hook holds my backpack close, which hold about everything else. I put a better set of carrying straps and a box holder on the other. It seems like we are in the minority. Many feeder and blind hunters. Of the ones that use climbers, most probably don't have to walk two miles to hunt. You have to modify your stand because your type of hunting is different. This isn't putting anyone down, just my opinion and $.02

Comment

Painted mine in asat. 3rd hand bow holder, molle.straps foamed the tubes, added a front bag, hazmore net seat which I am gonna get rid of. Like the original better

Comment

i recently bought an x-1 from x-stand. added a little bow holder but had to mount on the foot platform and dont trust it. added a tree saw on a string that i can dangle from the seat while climbing and have easy access to. added a crown royal sack to hold a water bottle or anything else i may need to hold while up there.

love the stand. 11 lbs!

Comment

Originally posted by jljjdye View Post
                  Painted mine in asat. 3rd hand bow holder, molle.straps foamed the tubes, added a front bag, hazmore net seat which I am gonna get rid of. Like the original better
                  I would be interested in your has ore seat, if you get rid of it

To foam the tubes, do you just pop the caps and fill?

Comment

Just popped caps and filled them

Comment

I put a sling seat on my Lone Wolf sit N Climb and saved about 2lbs. Its pretty comfortable, and it sits higher now so the arms don't get in the way when I draw my bow.

Comment

I added this Molle shoulder strap and waist belt. It makes a 30 lb climber feel like 10 lbs!

Comment

Originally posted by Shake N' Bake View Post

I added this Molle shoulder strap and waist belt. It makes a 30 lb climber feel like 10 lbs!
                          How do you like Carrying with cables up? I set mine with cables down the way original straps where.

Comment

Originally posted by Shake N' Bake View Post

What did you snag that from?

Comment

eBay. I have the same one.

Comment

Working...
                              X