3d shoot in Ft. Worth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3d shoot in Ft. Worth

Where is a good shoot close to Ft. Worth and when do the start the new 2007 season? The ones I use to go to started in Feb.

Thanks in advance,
    Wes

You used to be able to shoot at Cowtown, but they lost their range in Ft Worth...look up MesquiteArchery Club, Morgan Mills Archery Club, Eastland Archery Club, ...good luck...losing Cowtown will leave a great big hole in the archery community.

Comment

There is a charity shoot this sunday at Irving Bowhunters I believe. Also, the ASA Federation tournaments start in Feb., and IBO shoots start in Feb.

Comment

scroll to the bottom and find out what you need,but yes they are having a shoot...Brian

Comment

So who's gonna go,i have shot IBA before and its a fun place to shoot.Good luck to any and everyone that goes...Brian

Comment

Originally posted by Davik View Post
            You used to be able to shoot at Cowtown, but they lost their range in Ft Worth...look up MesquiteArchery Club, Morgan Mills Archery Club, Eastland Archery Club, ...good luck...losing Cowtown will leave a great big hole in the archery community.

COWTOWN is GONE??!! I can't believe it. What happened? It is a sad thing - they did a lot to promote archery in the state.

Comment

Tracey, there is a light explaination on their website. Seems like the city needs to develop the land more than they need natural areas. Lotsa clubs around here are in troulbe of losing locations due to development. Here is a link to them:

Comment

One good thing about BCAC - we are on an old city dump that can never be used for development. We lease it for $1 per year and we allow different city departments use of it - though we are not required to.

The fire dept uses it to train for search and rescue, the parks department uses it for orienteering and other outdoor stuff, etc.

I sure am sorry to hear about Cowtown.

Comment

Man I'm sorry to hear about Cowtown .
                  Hey Glenn, We still have 20-30 targets up here that are sitting in a barn. Maybe we can get something going up here around Gainesville? I just ran out of people to ask for land.
                  Shaun

Comment

So, will they reopen the club again or are they shut down for good? their web site is no longer there.

Comment

hard to say. their website was working yesterday. might be doing some updates. if they have land, they will continue. only time will tell

Comment

Ok how did I miss this? During the offseason I spend a couple evenings a week out there... guess I won't this spring. I remember shooting there as a kid.... this stinks. I hope we can find some new land pronto.

Comment

Cowtown is not shutting down..looking for new acreage and Irving has offered to help them with their needs for shoots until one is found
                          I joined Texas State Longbow Association this year with my $50 since I shoot trad tournaments as have a lot of the Cowtown trad shooters

Comment

Ill post this for those who cant get to the site

Important Announcement: Cowtown Bowmen has been at our current location for almost 50 years, but will need to relocate for 2007. The City of Fort Worth has offered to renew our lease for $141,048.00 a year or easy monthly payments of $11,754.00 per month. Obviously a Non-profit Archery Club can not afford these prices. The City has offered us no other property on any help in finding a new location. Our club will continue just as it has for the past 50 years. We just need a new Range for practice and tournaments. Club Meetings will still be the third Thursday of the month. If you know of any available property in the Fort Worth or adjacent areas please contact one of our Officers.
                            We will no longer have use of the current Range/Property on Heron Drive after December 31, 2006.

* Since we can not provide a practice range at this time our Membership Fees may be adjusted for the first part of 2007. Please wait to Renew your Membership or Join until the 2007 fees have been posted. Our 2007 Membership Fees will be posted as soon as possible.

Comment

Anyone know of any 3D shoots around Fort Worth anytime soon?

Comment

Working...
                              X