Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Serrated broadheads

Anything to 'em over the straight edge?

Youre gonna get both arguments. But I interned at Ben Tobb Trauma Unit for a bit for Surgical Tech. The serrated cuts were always harder to make stop bleeding. Always.

Tests brought to us by Gang Bangers.

Comment

As long as they're razor sharp, I don't think it would matter whether they were serrated or straight.

Comment

Serrates make more of a jagged cut in the skin/hide. It makes it tougher to clot. As far as going thru the vitals, i agree. Sharp is sharp. That said Gen is shooting the buzzcuts this year. And of all the coc's ive killed with. I found myself leaning to the serrated ones. Just a personal prefference.

Comment

Buzzcuts will make wicked cuts and huge holes!

Comment

I got a good scar in my thigh from a buzzcut. Didn't take too much pressure to go in deep.

I won't be experimenting on standard blades for comparison.

Comment

Originally posted by rossivey View Post
              As long as they're razor sharp, I don't think it would matter whether they were serrated or straight.
              I have heard otherwise. I hear many on the trad gang only use a file to sharpen them. It is sharp but not razor. It tears and pulls/rips kinda sharp. Just what I have been told or read. I have never taken a file to a BH.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirtymike View Post
                I have heard otherwise. I hear many on the trad gang only use a file to sharpen them. It is sharp but not razor. It tears and pulls/rips kinda sharp. Just what I have been told or read. I have never taken a file to a BH.
                You file a carbon steel Trad head such as a Zwickey. It is a different edge but it will cut the crap out of you. I sharpen all carbon trad heads that way.

Comment

Those of u shooting buzzcuts, u shootin two or four blade?

Comment

Most shoot the bleeder. That what I got Gen.

Comment

I shoot the 4 blade in both the buzz cut and the regular Stingers.

Comment

Working...
                      X