No announcement yet.

Very Frustrated, Please Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i'm by far, probably one of the least experienced trad shooters on here, but i think if you were to add a little extra info to your original post, it might help to narrow down some areas to check first.

at your current draw length and draw weight, you are probably pulling somewhere around 41-44 lbs. at 25". your arrows are rated at 60-75lbs.

what length are your arrows?
    how much weight is at the tip currently?
    how are they fletched?

Comment

Before you start cutting or buying new arras - come on over... I have pretty well any spine that anyone can get or shoot! Have .600 all the way up to .300. I can match you up - in spine and point weight before you go and spend more money!

Comment

Arrow length = 26" (probably too short)
        125 on the front
        Fletched with 4" shield cut
        Doug, I would love to come over and get some help and it will be appreciated greatly.
        I'll be out of town for the weekend moving feeders and such, so next week or weekend I'll get with you to find out what's a good time (or whenever you can have me by).
        BTW, tonight the shooting was a little better using what you told me, Doug.
        Thanks

Comment

Oh, Doug I have a great recipe for Mastodon I got back in the day, actually it's Wooly Mammoth, but they're pretty much the same, so if you have some left in the freezer thaw it out.

Comment

Originally posted by STATON View Post
            Arrow length = 26" (probably too short)
            125 on the front
            Fletched with 4" shield cut
            Doug, I would love to come over and get some help and it will be appreciated greatly.
            I'll be out of town for the weekend moving feeders and such, so next week or weekend I'll get with you to find out what's a good time (or whenever you can have me by).
            BTW, tonight the shooting was a little better using what you told me, Doug.
            Thanks
            125gr. up front is way to light for your setup. It wouldn't surprise me if you needed to be up around 200gr.

Looks like you're in good hands with Doug, though, so y'all should get it dialed in tight.

Comment

I went and shot with Ben (caughtandhobble) tonight. Every time I go over there i learn something new.

He has a really cool new tattoo in the small of the back. It says "ROD JENKINS". Not sure who he is but Ben really loves him.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                I went and shot with Ben (caughtandhobble) tonight. Every time I go over there i learn something new.

He has a really cool new tattoo in the small of the back. It says "ROD JENKINS". Not sure who he is but Ben really loves him.

You're Wrong as two left shoes... You need to put more heat on your serving nocks, it will probably be OK to just use a lighter

Comment

Next weekend heading off to Vegas for a few days! I will let you know.. Maybe one night after work for a bit! Heck come over for some T-Rex (wife likes them better) burgers

Comment

Originally posted by caughtandhobble View Post
                    You're Wrong as two left shoes... You need to put more heat on your serving nocks, it will probably be OK to just use a lighter
                    I figured you'd recommend a propane torch after that comment.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post

Ben got a tramp stamp???????

Bisch

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
                        Ben got a tramp stamp???????

Bisch
                        Don't worry, it has Bisch above Rod's name

Comment

I think I need to scratch my eyes out now... and maybe have a lobotomy to erase the picture in my mind!!!

Comment

Working...
                          X