changing limbs on my bow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

changing limbs on my bow

Ok, I will add to thins forum and I might even get some tips. I am changing the limbs on my bow for the first time. It was easier than I figured it would be. All I have left to do is to put the new strings and cables on and start tuning.

It is a Hoyt Ultra Elite. I am changing from 2000 to 3000 series limbs. The bow is camo and the limbs are target black (I have to buy what I can find used, new ones were over $200). I think it is going to look ok.

Thanks
    Casey

Second try on posting pics
    Attached Files

Comment

its a pretty simple process but just make sure you look it over a couple of times to make sure everything is in place before you press it back together....i think you should be good to go

Comment

Nice looking bow.

Comment

Casey

Its easy getting them changed. Its just all the tuning again that I always hated.

Are you shooting in Temple this weekend?

Chris

Comment

To finish the job you will need new strings and a draw board, I don't know how we got along without one. The most important part of the setup is the ATA at full poundage. Not that hard just tedious from here on out.

Comment

Chris- I might go over there if I get the bow put back together and tuned. I would like to shoot it this weekend if I could.

Comment

Here she is!

Well after a long evening of going from press to draw board, to press, to draw board, to press, to draw board, to vise, to press, to draw board..... you get the idea. I finally got her bench tuned. Tomorrow I will be able to creep tune, paper tune and walk back tune(unless it is windy).

Have a good night.
                Attached Files

Comment

Good looking bow. Always like them long limbed bows.

Chris

Comment

Working...
                  X