No announcement yet.

Species Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Definitely Catalina, how much is a good question. There are so many color and hair variations it's hard to keep track. The head, horns, body conformity and size all point to catalina. The longer hairs on the forehead, backbone and rump also look like catalina, and, of course, the beard. If he is crossed it's not by much, and proly not Boer. Boer crosses usually end up with shorter legs and bigger haunches. The short hair and beard could just mean he is juvenile as well.

We call any crossed goat in Texas a Spanish Goat. I don't belive there are any wild true Spanish Goats in Texas anymore, just the smaller crossed meat goats we call Spanish Goats. The size of this guy takes him out of the running for Spanish Goat, I believe.

"Why yes Mr. Hunter, I believe that there is a trophy Catalina you got yerself!"

Comment

CK, Hows it going? I'm going to be around until the middle of January so I'll email you later. I need to set somehting up with you. I shot this guy in my avatar last week out here at the publics.

Comment

Working...
      X