Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's your favorite wide or ultra-wide lens on a full frame DSLR?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flickr is really handy for lens research. Just put the exact lens into the search bar and it will return lots of photos taken with that lens. (You'll want to confirm that with each photo, sometimes other things sneak in.) But it's a good way to see what the lens will do. You can do the same thing for camera bodies.

Comment

I have a 6D as well, and I have really enjoyed shooting with it. I bought a second hand 20mm 2.8 and I have grown to really enjoy that lens. If you get a chance, take a look at Ken Rockwell's review of the 20mm 2.8.

Comment

Originally posted by Snakelover View Post
        Flickr is really handy for lens research. Just put the exact lens into the search bar and it will return lots of photos taken with that lens. (You'll want to confirm that with each photo, sometimes other things sneak in.) But it's a good way to see what the lens will do. You can do the same thing for camera bodies.

https://www.flickr.com/search/?text=...18mm%20f%2F3.5
        Yep, I've been doing that. Also been looking at photography-on-the.net and the lens sample threads, FredMiranda.com, etc... One thing you can learn for sure in looking at all the photos is that 90% of a great image was attributable to the cook and NOT the particular dishes that he/she was using.

Originally posted by Stevo96 View Post
        I have a 6D as well, and I have really enjoyed shooting with it. I bought a second hand 20mm 2.8 and I have grown to really enjoy that lens. If you get a chance, take a look at Ken Rockwell's review of the 20mm 2.8.
        Canon or Zeiss?

I got my 18mm Zeiss in a couple days ago. I haven't had a chance to take it out for a spin much, other than some test shots around the house. I plan to take it out this weekend some. I haven't shot the 6D much at all either yet, so I feel like a have lots of new toys to play with.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
          Yep, I've been doing that. Also been looking at photography-on-the.net and the lens sample threads, FredMiranda.com, etc... One thing you can learn for sure in looking at all the photos is that 90% of a great image was attributable to the cook and NOT the particular dishes that he/she was using.

Canon or Zeiss?

I got my 18mm Zeiss in a couple days ago. I haven't had a chance to take it out for a spin much, other than some test shots around the house. I plan to take it out this weekend some. I haven't shot the 6D much at all either yet, so I feel like a have lots of new toys to play with.
          I have the Canon 20mm. You will definitely have fun playing with those new toys.

Comment

Working...
          X