Couple of shots from the lease.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Couple of shots from the lease.

Again critique away, I'm learning. Theses are unedited, straight of the camera.
    [IMG][/IMG]

Nice looking young buck.

Comment

Originally posted by austin.28 View Post
      Nice looking young buck.
      X2

Comment

Is that a quail in the tree? I dont think ive ever seen that before if so.

Nice pics. Really like that cactus pic.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Pretty good

Comment

Originally posted by austin.28 View Post
            Nice looking young buck.
            X2

Comment

Nice!

Comment

Good pics. You might try watching your focus point or shooting at a higher f stop. The lower the f stop the less will be in focus.
                I use a center weighted focal point to get my main subject in focus and then hold the button half way down and frame my pic the way I want it. This will vary with the camera type so look up locking the focus.

I also learned to shoot everything in the RAW format. You can do so much more with the pictures. It's more work, but you can get great results.

Keep taking pictures, it's a never ending learning process. I take thousands of pictures, bound to get a good one now and then.

Have fun.

Comment

Nice pictures

Comment

You're doing fine. My thoughts on them.

Pic 1 you missed focus...well, the camera missed. Easy to do given that subject and background. Take a little more time to see if you can get the camera to find the bird for focus. I struggle with this as well. Autofocus is not perfect.

Pic 2 you might think about getting lower in your point of view. We all see things like this daily as we are standing up looking down. Try a more horizontal approach to them and they get more interesting. Also, a pic like this can really benefit from some editing as that's where the colors can really be brought out.

Pic 3 low light and too slow a shutter speed. The image suffers from hand shake because your shutter speed wasn't fast enough to freeze things while your hand moved taking the pic. As a good point of reference, your shutter speed handheld should be 1/focal length. In other words, if you're using a 200mm lens you need a shutter speed of 1/200th of a second. Image stabilization, if your lens has it, will help some. This is kind the biggest issue with wildlife. The pics are typically in low light and the camera needs longer shutter speeds to expose correctly

Keep shooting. You'll improve quickly!!

Comment

Working...
                    X