recurve....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

recurve....

I'm looking for a recurve under 400..needs to be in dfw. 50lbs rh. Thanks.

Might try RMS gear if you do not get anyone here.
    They are a traditional bow specialty shop in Colorado, they have more recurves and longbows then a candyshop has candy. RMS keeps an online bow inventory and if you are willing to go through the long list, you will probably find something you like at your price. I know of a few I would like to have for 400 or less on their site right now.

Comment

Look on Tradgang and Stickbow classifieds. You can pick up some deals for under $400, if you know what to look for. Best of luck.

Doug

Comment

Let me see what I have that I would be willing to part with, I'll be home Sunday.

Comment

Are you new to trad archery? If you are just getting started, you might try a Samick Sage, They are about $140 at Three Rivers and they shoot very well, just not a purty as a custom made bow. Also recommend 45# (or less) if you are just starting out because correct form takes a while and if you are overbowed, that can cause some habits that are REALLY hard to break. Ask me how I know!

Wayne

Comment

My question would be. What are you looking for in a bow? Just simply stating a price range doesn't give much info as to your wants/needs. Have you done any research as to what you might like?
            Need more info.

Comment

I'm finally home. Did you find a bow?

Comment

I have a sage and a hoyt game master 2 but I'm looking for a recurve or long bow in the 50lbs range. I'm a short draw (26")...
                I've been shooting for about 2 years. Sage is slow and the game master is great but just looking for a change.

Comment

Wouldn't mind trying out long bows...I've heard that once you shoot one you won't go back to the recurve. That's the way it was when I transitioned from compound to recurve.

Comment

I have a Bear Kodiak Magnum, RH, 50# @ 28", new string, $275.
                    I'm not in DFW but travel there often.

Comment

I got a Hoyt Excel with black max limbs, string, arrows, and set up for me for under $400 shipped from Lancaster a few years ago. If you're into olympic recurves, it's a decent way to go. There's other ILF bows out there too in that price range.

Comment

Originally posted by Slaughterhog View Post
                        I have a sage and a hoyt game master 2 but I'm looking for a recurve or long bow in the 50lbs range. I'm a short draw (26")...
                        I've been shooting for about 2 years. Sage is slow and the game master is great but just looking for a change.
                        I am a 27" draw and killed a hog with my 50# sage. Not trying to deter you from getting a new bow... but just saying the sage can kill just as good as any other bow.

Originally posted by Slaughterhog View Post
                        Wouldn't mind trying out long bows...I've heard that once you shoot one you won't go back to the recurve. That's the way it was when I transitioned from compound to recurve.
                        It is all personal preference. Before I settled on the Black Widow recurve, I shot a lot of longbows thinking that is what I really wanted. That was until I gave in and picked up Chunky's PCH. I still want to get a longbow so I can shoot more rounds of 3D, but longbow vs recurve is just a personal preference.

Comment

I can get you into a brand new Blackhills longbow for $450. Its the basic model but shoots just as well as the ones with a bunch of eye candy.

Comment

Not a Facebook fan but it has a Traditional Bowhunters CLASSIFIED BUY-SELL-TRADE section with some excellent deals.

Comment

Working...
                            X