No announcement yet.

Broadhead choice for nilgai

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I blew through an elk cow at 15 yards this year with a Magnus stinger 125, 485 ish total arrow weight at 60 pounds.

Comment

Thanks guys I'm going to stick with the stingers. Now just have to really get dialed in

Comment

I love both heads. My two favorite. I would use the viper tricks though. They are tougher.

Comment

I thinking of taking both the vipers for deer an magnus for nilgai

Comment

Check out the Strickland Helix broadheads. Single bevel broadhead built out of thick steel. I like my Swhackers and Rage Hypos for Deer because the holes they make are massive and the deer don't run far. But, if i'm hunting something bigger, the Strickland Helix get the call.

Plus, I had a tip bend slightly when I bumped my bottom cam on the bow blind and shot under a doe last year. Well, out in Eldorado the ground is 85% rocks. I hit a rock dead on at 17 yards and the arrow deflected off about 75 yards. I emailed the Strickland owner. He told me to send a pic. As soon as I did, he had a brand new replacement in the mail the next day.

Comment

Originally posted by Fergeris View Post
              Thanks guys I'm going to stick with the stingers. Now just have to really get dialed in
              Remember, small adjustments make a big difference when BH tuning

Comment

.300 mag.

Ha. But on a serious note, I'd go with the viper trick unless you're worried about penetration. Both heads have killed hundreds of elk. I just think the slick trick would tend to leave a bigger hole.

Comment

Working...
                X