No announcement yet.

the "Real fish kill of 2021" in progress

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jiminy I don’t understand people trying to tell other people what to do when what they are telling them not to do is perfectly legal. With all the bad shiz going on in the word we are worried someone may keep legal fish from a legal fishing trip they paid hard earned money to go on!!!

We have had bad fish kills in the Texas bays going back centuries. We will have them for centuries going forward after we are all gone. It will take a while but it will come back just like it has before. Good Lord folks!!! Everyone needs to take a deep breath on this!

Comment

Originally posted by bloodtrail18 View Post
      Honestly, if you were going fishing tomorrow, where would you rather be?
      Duhhh

Costa Rica! [emoji2]

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

The population of Texas now is almost 30 million people. In 1990, 30 years ago the population was 17 million people.

More pressure on a resource, plain and simple.

As many trout were killed during the freeze i wonder if it would exceed the fish brought to the cleaning table over 1 season?

Comment

Originally posted by txtrophy85 View Post
          The population of Texas now is almost 30 million people. In 1990, 30 years ago the population was 17 million people.

More pressure on a resource, plain and simple.

As many trout were killed during the freeze i wonder if it would exceed the fish brought to the cleaning table over 1 season?

From the amount of fishing pressure I see plus the level of fish finding electronics available these days my bet would be that the harvest numbers would beat this past freeze.. Now the freeze of 1989 was a completely different beast..

Comment

Got another salty one.

Also, Louisiana inshore fishing is awful. I hate how crispy you can fry a 12" trout. I highly reccomend saving your gas money.

Comment

I’ve heard TPWD gill net surveys kill more fish(trout) than croaker soakers every year��

In all fairness I don’t keep many trout because I just don’t care to eat them, but my customers can keep their legal limit any day of the week. The trout I do keep go to my granny who loves fresh speckled trout.
              Last edited by stickman; 02-27-2021, 04:23 PM.

Comment

Why does it matter what is used to catch trout? If it catches them, which is the point, why not do it?

Comment

Originally posted by Tommyh View Post
                  Why does it matter what is used to catch trout? If it catches them, which is the point, why not do it?
                  Cuz bait is for children. Fool them don’t feed them. Might as well buy it at H-E-B if you’re just after the meat.

Comment

Originally posted by Tommyh View Post
                    Catch em however you want as long as it’s legal. I don’t feel like anyone has to fish like me to do it “right”, I just know how I like to fish (not live bait btw). Respect the resource and don’t be an a** hat works for me

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                      Cuz bait is for children. Fool them don’t feed them. Might as well buy it at H-E-B if you’re just after the meat.
                      I agree, let's toss deer feeders in there to .
                      Bait is for those who posess 0 skills.
                      If catching or killing is the only goal, leaving skill out of the equation, then by all means, be a baiter .

Comment

Originally posted by El General View Post
                        Hahahaha. No. The earth will be here long after humans are gone.
                        Without a doubt, but it will most likely resemble 1945 Hiroshima after we get through with it and are gone.

Comment

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
                          I agree, let's toss deer feeders in there to .
                          Bait is for those who posess 0 skills.
                          If catching or killing is the only goal, leaving skill out of the equation, then by all means, be a baiter .
                          I’ll give you a weekend at my lease in south Texas to kill a 7.5 yo buck and don’t use a feeder, give you a good test of those “skills”.

I could kill a decent buck just driving around on the Ranger just about any time I felt like it. Zeroing in a particular deer, whole different ball game.
                          Last edited by panhandlehunter; 02-27-2021, 06:05 PM.

Comment

I’d like everyone to remember 10% of the fishermen catch 90% of the fish, so all the talk everyone is reading here, only couple of these hero’s actually catch em. 90% of the people posting couldn’t catch a limit if you held a gun to their head.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                              I’ll give you a weekend at my lease in south Texas to kill a 7.5 yo buck and don’t use a feeder, give you a good test of those “skills”.

I could kill a decent buck just driving around on the Ranger just about any time I felt like it. Zeroing in a particular deer, whole different ball game.
                              Just takes lots of time and dedication brother, a weekend would hardly cut it.
                              Time and dedication is something most people don't have anymore, I completely understand that aspect.
                              But bait is bait, and there are plenty of people who kill mature deer every year without the need for a feeder.
                              Last edited by MadHatter; 02-27-2021, 06:48 PM.

Comment

Some people go fishing 10 - 15 times a year and keep 2-3 fish each time. If go to La. once and keep 10 trout, what is the difference?

Comment

Working...
                                X