Stars Align

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stars Align

Left the house at 11 AM with zero intention of making it in time for an evening hunt. Got to the camp at 5 PM so I decided to go climb into the stand at the waterhole 250 yards from camp. Was in & settled in the tree at 5:15. My number one target buck came in on a full sprint at 5:40. He drank at the trough for a few minutes and then made his way out. Just as he was nearing being out of my sight, three does came running in to my hand corn at 22 yards. He did a 180 right to me which caused the does to throw their heads up & look his way. I drew back immediately in anticipation he would come right to my corn. He did. Slightly quartering to. Arrow released at 5:50. Found him piled up 300 yards away. 129 2/8".

My hunt ended in 35 minutes for a buck that I've been after for the last 3 weeks. Just grabbed my bow, threw on a jacket & pants & the rest is history. It sure is wild how the stars align sometimes.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by ccallarman; 12-07-2020, 09:32 AM.

Now that’s a great hunt! Congrats.

Comment

Very nice..,That’s a really good looking 8. He’s going look awesome on the wall. Big congrats on the bow kill.

Comment

Nice buck!!

Comment

Gotta love it when an unexpected plan comes together. Congrats on the great hunt and a really nice 8.

Comment

Awesome when a well devised game plan all comes together. Also awesome when ya just wing it and make it work. Heck of a deer, congrats !!!

Comment

Being in the right place at the right time is what makes it work. Congratulations on a really nice 8 pt.

Comment

nice!

Comment

I love it just when you think it is pointless, everything changes. Congrats!

Comment

Great bow kill! Love those brows! Congrats!

Comment

Nice deer!

Comment

The last minute, not prepared hunts always seem to be best. Congrats!

Comment

That is a great buck. I also like those type of hunts too. Congrats.

Comment

Congrats!

I killed mine in similar fashion this year, so many things went "wrong" leading up to it and ended up killing one of the biggest on camera this year and getting the whole hunt on film.

Comment

Congrats

Comment

Working...
                              X