Caddo Lake Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Caddo Lake Help

Me and the wife are wanting to take a trip to Caddo Lake. Just looking on insight on where to stay what to bring and what to do. looking to stay in a pet friendly cabin, or what ever. Any recommendations will help, thanks in advance.

Tuckers Fishing Camp

Tuckers,
    121 Private Road 2622
    Karnack, TX 75661 - View Map

Phone: (903) 679-3137

Comment

The State Park has some cabins. Johnson's Ranch and a slew of bed & breakfasts. Rent a boat and explore the lake, Jefferson is close by, there is a relatively new USF&W refuge at the old Longhorn ammo plant in Karnack.

Comment

the cabins in the state park are decent, fishing is good,, lots of sight seeing around also,,,, the downtown area of Jefferson is an antique shop,,, in marshal the pottery place is very interesting to women, i dont know if they still run but there were some boat tours on Caddo and also on the bayou right at Jefferson, even some old civil war stuff along the banks

Comment

Around June there is a big surface drive get together .. I've always heard its a blast .. Can be anywhere from 30-50+ boats crusing around and hanging out .. I'm planning to go this year once organized

Comment

My son and I rented a canoe at the state park and went fishing. The first day we about tipped the canoe over trying to get a snag out of a tree. The second day we got right up to about a 10' alligator in the same area. We also rented an aluminum john boat and did some fishing. Caught bass, bowfins, and gar. You really should get out on the water. We saw an old river boat that they give tours on. And we saw air boats tours. But we had a great time. Actually thinking of buying a house on caddo, just not sure what we would do for work.

Comment

find a place to stay around uncertain and enjoy the views of the lake get you a tour boat to show you around as you can get lost very easy going back up river if you don't know where your going. go in feb and catch you a trophy bass

Comment

Look up billy carter. I think that's his name. He's forgot more about caddo than anybody else knows.

Comment

The cabins at the state park do not allow pets

Comment

We stayed at Hodge Podge cottages near Uncertain it was really nice. You need a boat or canoe to really enjoy the lake. I have a good story about mine and my dad's first visit there. We stayed in the State Park and was all good but after doing a little bass fishing got stranded out in one of the forks of the lake in our old boat that would not start. We eventually got towed in by some friendly locals who happens to be passing some sort of cigarette back and forth between each other as they towed us in! Good times!

Comment

Stay at Johnsons Ranch, they rent little cabins, and have a mobile home for rent also, think I paid $100 a night, live bait and beer right there at the marina. It's the oldest marina in Tx by the way. Have crappie guides at the marina for a couple hundred bucks, you will catch crappie. I like Charlie, but there's also Henry, Billy Carter mostly guides perch, bluegill etc.

Comment

I lived in Uncertain for 15 years and Billy Carter is still there and runs Johnson Camp. They do go-devil tours and Billy is a heck of a fishing guide. Probably doing duck hunts now. He and his wife also have a B & B. Hodge Podge is nice, they were my neighbors across the street.

Comment

caddo is on my list of to-do's one of these days

Comment

Billy's wife Dottie has a number of guest cabins that they rent out. We enjoyed our stay there.

Comment

Working...
                            X