Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

speed queen all day every day.

Comment

Our old school Kenmore set is still going. I have had to replace a few parts on the dryer. We got thr set in 1987, they are still going strong

Comment

I've always been a big fan of Whirlpool/Kitchenaid products. In my experience, they have a long life and rarely develop problems. If I remember correctly, all products we owned under the name were still working when we replaced them and were given to other family members who, in turn, got several years use out of the.

That said, I have never met a HE washing machine that was worth a d**n. They use less water so the clothes don't come out as clean and the cycle times are 2x to 3x that of the old school spindle-agitation machines so it takes much longer to do laundry. Hardly an efficient use of my time!

I'd trade my HE Whirlpool washing machine (with all the bells and whistles) in for a bare-bones basic, "old school" machine that uses a center spindle agitation anyway. The problem is, I was under the impression they are no longer made.

Perhaps it's just the city in which I shop. (Austin)

Comment

Originally posted by Rubberdown View Post
          speed queen all day every day.
          Yup. We love ours................

Comment

Originally posted by 175gr7.62 View Post
            Go get a old school non-high efficiency machine. Learned that lesson for good about 3 years ago.
            I have to agree with this. They last better and wash better
            Last edited by Johnny44; 04-08-2021, 05:18 PM.

Comment

I have a newer top load high capacity Maytag Commercial set that is about a year and four months old.

I have had nothing but problems with the washer for three months now, of course, a month out of standard warranty.

They all seem to be control board issues. It does have a dial, but, it is definitely digital.

Comment

Get a Speed Queen! 7 yr warranty on parts and labor. I bought a set 3yrs ago and I’ll never own anything else. Built like a tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Maytag Commercial Heavy Duty

Comment

Haven’t had any of the common issues with our LG front load pair, but we didn’t go as high end as you can on options. Probably 6 years old now at least.

Agree with other posters, I do have to change a few settings when I do my clothes vs the wife (always smells like a rose) who can just use the preset options. Doesn’t bother me taking the 5 extra seconds though.

Comment

I’ve got an 80’s model Maytag that I bought used in 2001 when I built the house.... and dryer. Still going. I put about $200 in repairs every 2-3 years

When they die, speed queen will replace them.

Comment

Originally posted by SonOfTheSouth View Post
                        Electrolux. No comparison
                        Did not know Electrolux made washing machines. Do you have any experience with their vacuums?

Comment

Bumping this thread to the top..... Time for a new washer and dryer. The 20 year old dryer part is no longer available and I'm not going to by a used version of it for it to fail tomorrow. I thought I could just go into Lowes or HD and find an old school type top load washer but they all have the high efficiency bull**** in some form or fashion.....and if they don't the agitator is weak as heck. The old school dryer with knobs still seems available, but I need something that will wash my big boy dirty clothes Not slush them around in a damp pile and call it clean.

Any suggestions? What is the old school new speed queen model folks are buying mentioned above? I'm not big on buying a used set off craiglist as you never know what you are going to get with these scammers these days and with my luck I'd accidentally buy what I'm trying to avoid without a good description....Any suggestions?

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                            Any suggestions? What is the old school new speed queen model folks are buying mentioned above? I'm not big on buying a used set off craiglist as you never know what you are going to get with these scammers these days and with my luck I'd accidentally buy what I'm trying to avoid without a good description....Any suggestions?
                            I bought my first home last May and read this exact thread before shopping for washer/dryer. I had decided on an "old school" top load speed queen but two different stores steered me towards the comparable maytag due to SQ "not being what it used to."

Ended up with the commercial Washer and Dryer (gas). 1 year full warranty. Years 2-10 cover drive motor and drum. You can tell by listening to the washer that its got some power. I doubt it would have any issues washin' the gunk off your drawers

They've always got some sort of promotion going on. I paid around $850. I know most will complain but I'm hoping I, like you, wont be shopping for another for 20+ years.

Shop Maytag Commercial Grade 3.5-cu ft High Efficiency Agitator Top-Load Washer (White) in the Top-Load Washers department at Lowe's.com. Bring rugged durability and commercial-grade washer performance to your laundry room. Delivered straight from the Maytag® commercial washer and dryer

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                              Bumping this thread to the top..... Time for a new washer and dryer. The 20 year old dryer part is no longer available and I'm not going to by a used version of it for it to fail tomorrow. I thought I could just go into Lowes or HD and find an old school type top load washer but they all have the high efficiency bull**** in some form or fashion.....and if they don't the agitator is weak as heck. The old school dryer with knobs still seems available, but I need something that will wash my big boy dirty clothes Not slush them around in a damp pile and call it clean.

Since Whirlpool washers/dryers went to crap, we went with Samsung a few years ago and they both seem to be doing well. Washer is a top-loader and has no agitator in it and the dryer is just a basic model. We're happy with both.

Comment

We replaced our Samsung front load W/D with SQ top load maybe two years ago. We absolutely love them. The washer is a beast and does a great job. Dryer gets it done as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X