No announcement yet.

Taxidermist question or anyone else

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nothing about a cat that makes it take longer other than the increased few hours longer it takes than say a deer mount. For most taxi's they are a PIA, so they tend to get put off bc they are dreading doing them until they finally get more tired of the customer calling about it. And that there is the truth fellas

Comment

Originally posted by buck_wild View Post
      Nothing about a cat that makes it take longer other than the increased few hours longer it takes than say a deer mount. For most taxi's they are a PIA, so they tend to get put off bc they are dreading doing them until they finally get more tired of the customer calling about it. And that there is the truth fellas
      Yup. I'd agree with this.

Comment

Originally posted by sideways View Post
        they usually have to kill them 7 or 8 more times depending on the cat. It’s time consuming!!

Sent from my iphone using tapatalk
        lol

Comment

Originally posted by buck_wild View Post
          Yes a lot of truth there. Deer mounts are a taxi’s bread and butter, there are a ton of them to do. They do them with there eyes closed. Just throwing a number out there, maybe a 75 deer to one bobcat. Most are not going to do cats when they can push deer our a lot faster and make more money. The guys that do cats know this and can charge more money lol

Comment

I'll add another one

Comment

Originally posted by rut-ro View Post
              Would you wait 3 years for clay Wagner to mount another for you? Yours is one of the best I’ve seen. We have all seen Some terrible work on here (mine was one of them). it just got me thinking.
              Yes. I forget how long it took. I think 2 years? I went into it knowing he had long lead times. Mark isn’t all that good and was shady. Yes I had issues with Clay. No excuse for any crazy times. I’m usually pretty dang patient too. It’s one thing to wait for the best. Totally different to wait that long and get a cat that looks like it’s retarded.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                I’f you’re referring to the recent thread on here about Mark Couture, he’s got a long wait on all his animals. There’s several threads about it. There’s nothing special about a bobcat that takes 3 years to mount. That looong wait is because the taxidermist took in too many animals

Pay $400 to a family friend and see what you get!!

JK. I thought yours looked great!!

Comment

Originally posted by Calrob View Post

I did that and just threw it in the trash a couple weeks ago

Comment

Originally posted by Calrob View Post

Comment

Working...
                    X