Ridiculous Price on New trucks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
    And in 2 years when todays prices are doubled people will say.. Man! I wish I would have bought at the beginning of 2021!

How is this possible to lock in last years prices? Is it a huge nation wide builder?
    I don't know how this works but I doubt they're losing money so curious about the deal.
    Tilson Homes in Boerne. We signed a contract for a specific price on all the upgrades and options we wanted. Price doesn't change unless we change something, and even then we only pay for the cost of the change we made. They build it out of their pocket with no interest to us during the construction process.

every quarter they adjust their prices for new customers. If you have signed a build contract with them then the price is locked. as stated above, unless you add or change things.
    Last edited by forced-2-work; 03-02-2021, 09:17 AM.

Comment

covid set the car manufacturers way back which has led to a very tight used market. manufacturers are still short key components and i've been told they will manufacture 20% fewer vehicles this year. The market will get even tighter so if you can wait then i'd suggest you do so.

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
        Yep. No business is in the business of loosing money... not long anyway
        They won't lose money. They just won't make as much.

Instead of making 120k profit they will make 90k profit.

Comment

We used Tilson in Boerne. Great group there. In our house for two years now and love it Tilson has great after the close follow up to fix anything missed in construction and their overall building program and cost significantly beat any of the local competition

Comment

Y'all just give it a little time. When the economy crashes new trucks and houses will be cheap.

Comment

I bought a 2020 Chevy last year. I traded it in to get 4x4 and they gave me what I paid for it a year ago on my trade in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by 1riot1ranger View Post
                We used Tilson in Boerne. Great group there. In our house for two years now and love it Tilson has great after the close follow up to fix anything missed in construction and their overall building program and cost significantly beat any of the local competition
                we are in the early stages of building. they are working on the foundation currently. Have Been very pleased with them thus far and most of all I like knowing exactly what all my $ is going towards.

Comment

Originally posted by Fmjag64 View Post
                  Yep, truck prices are ridiculous. Same brand new Platinum F150 i bought new in 2014 for $42k is now pushing $75k-$80k. I hate government interference but they need to be regulated lol! A huge depreciating asset like a truck should not be 25% of the value of your home.
                  You want the federal government to step in so you can afford an $80K truck?

Comment

I just bought a new to me truck last week . Used truck market it crazy . But then again new trucks on the lot was up to 98 grand .

Comment

There’s a huge shortage of semiconductors and it’s affecting the car manufacturers. So they say. Guess where the semiconductors are made? Chi Na

Funny how everything goes back to China.

Comment

Originally posted by cj7zrcool View Post
                        You want the federal government to step in so you can afford an $80K truck?
                        He put a "lol" at the end. I believe he was joking.

Comment

Originally posted by chicken fried View Post
                          Funny how everything goes back to China.
                          They beat us without firing a shot.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                            And in 2 years when todays prices are doubled people will say.. Man! I wish I would have bought at the beginning of 2021!

How is this possible to lock in last years prices? Is it a huge nation wide builder?
                            I don't know how this works but I doubt they're losing money so curious about the deal.
                            Most builders can get price locks through their source. Got a good buddy that can get lumber "cheap" through his mccoys account because he buys so much lumber and price is locked quarterly

Comment

this COVID pricing is crazy.. i had requested a bid on a Pole Barn, back July 2020, more or less it was $14000
                              now the same size is $19500.. because if i waited until march, the prices of metal were going up almost 15%, went into HD, to see wire since i will be running all the electric, and the lady was changing prices, some spools went up at least $75. dls. its crazy,, i was looking for a new Chevy Trail Boss, but not anymore,

Comment

And with the interest rates being offered on a 10 year finance plan, why WOULDN'T you buy an $80k truck??????

Comment

Working...
                                X