What's texas infrastructure missing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's texas infrastructure missing?

So being from the north in way worse weather, we never lost power from this small stuff. What's the actual problem? Just exposure to elements of the actual equipment?

Need more natural gas fired power plants and less feel good wind turbines and solar.

Comment

All the transplants moving here and plugging in faster than infrastructure can keep up with the influx....?

Need more gas powered peakers on standby it sounds like.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

This is unacceptable. We have more than enough NG. Abbott is accountable.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Yep more gas powered plants on standby.

Comment

Wind power is the problem with the current shortfall.

Comment

I read somewhere that we are something like 55 degrees under the average temp in the FWD area. Take that as a percentage and flip to the summer equivalent would put us something like 150 degrees. I can understand the demand a little more from that figuring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

This is what happens when power prices plummeted after green energy showed up years back. Electricity generators are private companies that want to make money. When you can’t make money running a coal plant and EPA is hamstringing you guess what, they shut down. Now we don’t have the MW supply when the green energy ****s the bed. Thanks democrats

Comment

Summer is peak generation. So all plants are set up to run then, no outages during summer months. Operators do what they can to keep the plants up and running during this period.

In the off season, plants are taken down to do maintenance and upgrades. I suspect a ton of plants are down right now.

Then you got ercot failures to keep these plants on. They have known this storm was coming for two weeks. All they have to do is say we need a certain amount of plants turned on and operators could do it.

Ercot could have then told the public, hey we don't have the power generation we need. Please conserve your usage starting Feb 14. They didn't.

Centerpoint could have had linemen lined up to come down here from cold climates to help with the restart. They didn't.

What I think happened? We don't have enough generation. Ercot decided the winners and losers in getting power. My house lost. Which is why centerpoint is being so tight lipped about when power will be restored. Typically by now, they know when power will be restored. Hell they shut down their outage map, and didn't staff up with operators.

Comment

Originally posted by TexaRican View Post
                    I read somewhere that we are something like 55 degrees under the average temp in the FWD area. Take that as a percentage and flip to the summer equivalent would put us something like 150 degrees. I can understand the demand a little more from that figuring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    If you visit a weather web site, the average temp yesterday is 38°.

Don't believe everything you read.

Who would invest millions of dollars in new normally aspirated power plants when the Demonrats would just shut it down??

Comment

My 2 cents, the power companies aren’t going to fund specifically for situations that we are having now. I worked at one of the larger oil companies in the Houston area for almost 35 years. When weather like this hits very rarely they can’t stay running. Yes they find to winterize a few key instruments but not everything.

Comment

Texas has 29 million people... that’s a start.

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
                          What I think happened? We don't have enough generation. Ercot decided the winners and losers in getting power. My house lost. Which is why centerpoint is being so tight lipped about when power will be restored. Typically by now, they know when power will be restored. Hell they shut down their outage map, and didn't staff up with operators.
                          Their EVP said 3-5 days in the Humble/ Kingwood area

Comment

It’s Trumps fault.

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
                              It’s Trumps fault.
                              How?
                              He's not even in office.
                              This lands squarely at Biden's feet.
                              Don't try to squirm out of this one!

Comment

Working...