X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

when i think of wal mart i think of hillary clinton

uh, no thank you

Comment

I hate Wal Marts. Run by money hungry commies imo. BTW I hate Wal Marts.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
        They are not always cheaper but competitive. What they have is the convenience of not having to go into a giant superstore to grab a few items.
        Exactly. I go to Walmart more often than I want to, but I hate doing it. It's big and scattered out, and of the people in there look like they'd give you a disease if you stood too close to them. I'm always exhausted when I walk out of the store.

Comment

Need more Piggly Wiggly's.

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
            Need more Piggly Wiggly's.
            Isnt that a game they played back in band camp?

Comment

The parking lots of Walmarts are usually full I have noticed.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                Isnt that a game they played back in band camp?
                Not familiar with band camp games. You may have to fill us in

Texas has Brookshire Bros.
                La has Piggly Wiggly's.

Comment

Originally posted by Tubby View Post
                  To the best of my knowledge, yes. The only "walmart" Wal-Mart that closed was in Hearne. This is before Wal-Mart started the Supercenters and long before the Neighborhood Markets.

The OP is referring to the Neighborhood Markets.

The Wal Mart in Clarksville, Tx closed a few years back. It closed due to the fact that was the # 1 store in the company for theft vs sales.

I agree with Wal Mart destroying all the small town business owners who provided local jobs for local people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Fishy View Post
                    Now for you folks who live and breathe Walmart, hear me out. This was in a small town that still has mom and pop stores. There was no need for Walmart to build in this tiny, but growing town. No doubt the execs at Walmart planned to dominate everything there as far as retail sales go. I honestly was worried for the small corner gas station/convenience store that also has a full kitchen among other things. That business has been there for 50 years or more.

There's also numerous other small businesses in the old downtown area that surely would've closed if it hadn't been for the loyal locals in the town and countryside. After the smaller version of a Walmart opened, I pictured the inevitable doom for many of those individually owned businesses.

Fast forward about a year. To my surprise, the Walmart store was closed with a for sale sign out front. That was shocking. I wish more small towns had the same results for the execs that push for over-saturation of those stores. There once was a time in my life that I shopped at Walmart. No more. That ugly habit ended long ago.
                    only one left open up here in my area of south carolina after several opened...

Comment

Originally posted by Tubby View Post
                      To the best of my knowledge, yes. The only "walmart" Wal-Mart that closed was in Hearne. This is before Wal-Mart started the Supercenters and long before the Neighborhood Markets.

The OP is referring to the Neighborhood Markets.
                      The closing of a true Walmart is a rare thing but I watched the one in Robstown close back in the mid 90s. The employees were selling more merchandise out the back door for cash than the store was selling out the front door. If I remember correctly they even made a similar statement in the Caller Times, something like the theft from that store was uncontrollable thus they were closing the doors.

Comment

Sounds like you guys would like to model after California. Many cities there have banned large chains from their borders. It's nice for the mom and pop folks, but very expensive to live there.

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk

Comment

Just a small tidbit of info......Alice Louise Walton, daughter of Sam, is worth $40.8 billion (with a B). For us who was raised in Azle, that's $999 million more than 40 times.

Comment

Originally posted by bakin7005 View Post
                            Just a small tidbit of info......Alice Louise Walton, daughter of Sam, is worth $40.8 billion (with a B). For us who was raised in Azle, that's $999 million more than 40 times.
                            Yep and that money has been spit at least 6 directions before that..

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                              Ok Thanks
                              So, you are for big box stores?

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
                                So, you are for big box stores?
                                He's in just to be the yuk monkey.

Comment

Working...
                                X