No announcement yet.

Who shot banded birds?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't have pics, but use your imagination and you can see me holding a couple of BWT with bands. I've only killed the two.

Well....technically not true.....while hunting teal one season, we had a group of what we "thought" were Eurasian dove come flying out of the sun. We cut about six of them and they were all banded.....because we decimated some poor fellas brood of racing pigeons. My bad.

Comment

The bird I shot was not banded.

Comment

I don't have a pic handy but I dropped a dove in Frio County that was banded in Fort Hayes, Kansas two years prior.

Comment

1 dove 3 ducks….all years ago…no pics

Comment

1 Whitewing, 1 mourner, 3 pigeons, 14 ducks & 31 geese over 51 years.
            1 reward band , 1 tarsal band & 2 neck collars in the mix.
            Last edited by DUKFVR; 09-09-2021, 09:21 PM.

Comment

Ive shot 3 banded geese. One had both a regular band and reward band. Another had a neck collar. Shot 1 banded duck so far, and they didn't have info on it, said it wasn't recorded.

Comment

Two banded redheads years ago. One of the bands was worn so smooth that I had to mail it in to have it read.

Comment

No banded bird but did shoot one that had its "vax" card

Comment

I had fields in Pflugerville that was apparently a flyway for a homing pigeons in New Braunfels. Always thought that guy should train his birds to fly somewhere else. My hunters killed a dozen or so of them.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

Comment

2 bands here. Both mallard drakes. First one 18-20 years ago in Oklahoma, 2nd was last season with both of my boys hunting with me. When my dog brought it back, I immediately noticed the band.

Comment

Who shot banded birds?!

7 bands for me.....5 mallards and one pintail....all drakes...and one green wing hen.

Couple of missed opportunities I remember vividly. Only two times I have flipped for one on a same bird shot between two guys I lost them both. Another time, we had a single mallard drake come in floating from my side on a slow day. Guy who owned the placed said kill that bird to my buddy...he popped up and folded it first shot and it was banded. Only duck we killed that day.. Used to hunt with two mallard flooded timber junkies and they had 18-20 each.

Couple of pics

Last edited by Smart; 09-09-2021, 10:58 PM.

Comment

You're suppose to keep those???

Comment

One mottle duck at sea rim and another at Texas point. Crawled some geese at mud bayou and one had a band but we let a buddy keep it.

Comment

1 pintail, 1 woody, 2 teal, 1 Canada with a neck collar,one blue with a collar and a snow with some private band no one knows anything about

My son's first band was a dove last year

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X