Season Ground Blind

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Season Ground Blind

Haven’t been in the ground blind game in years.
    Looking to install a August - January Ground Blind and looking for your input .
    It’s not in a high wind area it does occasionally snow in our part of Tx. It also will be in deep cover - nominal sun light.
    Obviously it is for archery so draw length is essential. Need it to be 1 person.

Any other advice to make it last the season will be appreciate!

Thanks in advance.

Talking pop up or something solid and more along the lines permanent?

Comment

Normally I would say build one the way you want it, but with lumber prices you will probably be able to buy one cheaper. Look for a good deal on a poly tank and build one out of that.

Comment

You will hear a lot of votes for the Krivoman but that's one you would leave out year round. I'm strongly considering adding a ghillie blind from Redneck. You leave the metal frame in place and just remove the cover in the off season. I really like it's size and durability vs. most pop ups.
        The Ghillie Deluxe Ground Blind's spacious 6x6 foot interior fits three adults comfortably. Stay hidden in one of America's top-selling blinds.

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
          You will hear a lot of votes for the Krivoman but that's one you would leave out year round. I'm strongly considering adding a ghillie blind from Redneck. You leave the metal frame in place and just remove the cover in the off season. I really like it's size and durability vs. most pop ups.
          https://redneckblinds.com/collection...x6-ghillie-360

I have one of their non ghillie (camo) soft sides on order for the reason Jerp stated, leave the frame out and pull the cover.

This one will be tucked back in the woods so there shouldn't be an issue with wind damage, not that I believe that would be a problem, but it won't be a factor.

My other area on our land is set up with a Krivoman that's been out for right at 3 years now and it's held up perfectly.

Comment

Concrete mesh wire or bull panel covered with a tarp & landscape felt.

Comment

Take a hog panel, (buy the tallest one u can find) and drive a t-post at each end to hold it up. Then use bolt cutters to cut a couple windows out to shoot through. Then wire branches and limbs all over it for cammo. Works perfect and cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by Lynn21 View Post
                Take a hog panel, (buy the tallest one u can find) and drive a t-post at each end to hold it up. Then use bolt cutters to cut a couple windows out to shoot through. Then wire branches and limbs all over it for cammo. Works perfect and cheap.
                I really like this idea. I've seen these and the only thing I'd need to buy is the material! Good Idea!!

Comment

I’d get a rhino blind pop up and be done with it. Brush it in and go to work. Can’t wait to try their new see through blind. Should be awesome

Comment

Yep

Originally posted by Zen Archery View Post
                    I really like this idea. I've seen these and the only thing I'd need to buy is the material! Good Idea!!
                    Hunted a few of these, some had tar paper around, some not. I'd put something on the N side and a tarp on the top, cover it with thick pine or cedar branches.

Comment

Originally posted by Lynn21 View Post

Killed a few deer this way but they have to be solid in the back. Way to easy to get silhouetted.

Comment

I make my cattle panel blinds 6.5'Lx6.5'Wx6'H. Home Depot sells a heavy duty camo tarp thats 20'x40 for about $130. Cut it in half and you can wrap 2 blinds. Wrap the tarp over the top, down the sides, then fold up underneath the bottom about 6" all the way around. Zip tie the tarp then on the grommets from the inside. It usually last 2-3 years for mine which is usually more then any pop up you leave out for that long. Cattle won't destroy these either. I paint the inside with some black latex paint then to black it out and help on silhouetting. Also zip tie some cheap plastic corner molding on the corners if need be before tarping to cover the sharp edges on the end of a panel. Stake them down with a couple of T posts and you're set. Easy to pick up and move if you want. They don't work great out in the complete open as they can silhouette. Maybe double the tarp if you have that issue. For the door I just use a piece of plywood oversized by a few inches with 2x1 edging. I only have one shooting window usually on these.

Comment

Working...
                        X