Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2021 Blackland Prairies Hunting (Navarro, Ellis, Hill, Freestone)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lots of good deer movement along the river. They are hitting feeders pretty hard. Have 2 shooters on cam. 1 150”plus 8 point

Comment

Went down to my property yesterday. Still seeing lots of does on camera, seems like more than In years past. Have a few decent bucks making the occasional appearance.
      The plots that I put in finally got some rain on them last weekend. They are starting to sprout and the deer are hitting them already.
      I think it’s gonna be a good season!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Noticed some of the bigger bucks are visiting the feeders a lot more often with the rut getting closer.

Comment

Still slow for bucks at my place, never had this few of sightings since I’ve had it. Hoping something changes soon

Comment

Hoping this cold weather this weekend gets em moving.

Comment

2021 Blackland Prairies Hunting (Navarro, Ellis, Hill, Freestone)

The bucks at our place are sporadic. You will see them for a couple of days then gone for a week. You never know when that couple of days are going to be. Very few bucks this year as well. Even the smaller/younger bucks are not there as they usually are. We like others have plenty of does though. My daughter shot a doe last Sunday with her crossbow. Made about as perfect a shot as you can make. Doe made it about 20yds. She helped with all of the skinning and quartering for the first time as well. Hopefully we can get her on a buck this weekend.

Here is her doe.

And here is the buck she is after.

Last edited by bowaddict40; 10-14-2021, 09:51 AM.

Comment

Congrats to the young huntress! Hope they start showing up for you but I’m also glad it’s not just my place that has a buck shortage. I’m not sure what the reason is.

Comment

The does were moving this weekend. I shot one Friday and my brother shot one Saturday. No bucks seen though. We’ve had them on camera but few daytime pics.
                  The weather was great! I hadn’t been too excited about hunting till that front moved in and made it nice to sit in a stand again.
                  The rain sure helped out my plots. They’re coming in pretty good. Hoping they pay off late season.

Comment

I may have messed up Sat. morning by letting this buck walk, my first time seeing him in person and his body is huge. I think he'll score more than I thought looking at him on camera.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by 7sdad View Post
                      I may have messed up Sat. morning by letting this buck walk, my first time seeing him in person and his body is huge. I think he'll score more than I thought looking at him on camera.
                      Hope he comes back by for you. He's a keeper in my book.

Comment

Has anybody noticed any rut action yet? We hunt Limestone county, but we are maybe .5 mile from the western boarder of Freestone county. I'm planning to take the week of 11/1 - 11/5 off work and hunt, but I can never nail down when the rut is.

Comment

I'm still not seeing any bucks over 2yr old. I'm totally puzzled. I added a few more cameras off feeders this weekend so hopefully they show somewhere.
                          We hunted saturday evening. There was a ton of neighbor noise near both our stands so we didn't see much till late. We both saw doe/fawns. We both had pigs come in and got shots. I made a great shot with my recurve and had great blood approx 120 yd until it hit a fence line in thich brush. Can't believe she made it that far. My daughter thinks she hit high, couldnt find arrow or blood. Both were right at dark with limited vis but both shots were inside 20yrds. Maybe next time.

Comment

Originally posted by 7sdad View Post
                            I wouldn't have even thought twice about that buck at my navarro place. Maybe he will slip up again.

Comment

Originally posted by lost cajun View Post
                              The does were moving this weekend. I shot one Friday and my brother shot one Saturday. No bucks seen though. We’ve had them on camera but few daytime pics.
                              The weather was great! I hadn’t been too excited about hunting till that front moved in and made it nice to sit in a stand again.
                              The rain sure helped out my plots. They’re coming in pretty good. Hoping they pay off late season.

Yep my food plots have exploded and I just planted last week right before the rain.

Comment

Originally posted by Pstraw View Post
                                Hope he comes back by for you. He's a keeper in my book.

He was back at the feeder for two hours yesterday afternoon. But I also have this one at a different feeder but I think he’s to young.

Comment

Working...
                                X