X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That is poop in your pants time!

Comment

Originally posted by BeardedAg08 View Post
      How did you take care of it? Just curious because I am always worried about that as well and carry a handgun.....however if I shoot it, it will likely ruin my morning hunt.
      Kick it out of the way so you don't step on it and it'll for sure crawl away. The chances of ever seeing that same snake in that same spot ever again are slim to none.

That snake ain't out lookin for humans. It's trying to eat mice. Humans are way too big for them to eat.

I know a lot of "outdoorsman" like to go back and forth about who's the scardest of snakes but it really is as simple as kicking them out the way or going around them. They're not the brightest creatures but they're smart enough to figure out they don't want your heavy *** steppin on them.

And if I do step on a snake and get bit I don't know I kinda figure maybe......I don't know. Maybe I should have been paying attention. You kinda have to have somewhat of a survival instinct. You're going to get food essentially but you're not necessarily walking down the deli section at Wal-Mart. In fact you're walking in a secluded area perhaps.
      Last edited by okrattler; 10-16-2021, 10:10 AM.

Comment

How did you take care of it? Just curious because I am always worried about that as well and carry a handgun.....however if I shoot it, it will likely ruin my morning hunt.

Stepped back, took that pic, then veered a couple feet to the right and avoided him. I don’t generally kill snakes, unless they’re venomous and right around somewhere kids are often.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Yup, they are still feeling frisky. The wife saw one this morning out by the chickens coop.

By the time she got up her shotgun it was heading into the woods & away from the yard so she let it go.

I was amazed she did that , she doesn’t ever give them a pass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I killed the largest diamond back I’ve ever killed in December in Duval county. Stay safe folks

Comment

He was ready to git ya in that first photo! Wow!

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                That would leave you with 2 wet spots- one on your boots and one a little higher up
                And possibly a brown stain……

Comment

Pretty easy to kill with a stick or rock. Or just go around it.

Comment

Wouldn't matter about being quite killin it, I'd have stunk the place up so bad chittin down both legs.

Comment

Originally posted by Mahan View Post
                      He was ready to git ya in that first photo! Wow!
                      X2, ready to rumble, glad you spotted him first.

Comment

We killed 4 last weekend at the lease. That Friday, I went straight to camp for 2 things. I was wanting to top protein feeders off before the evening hunt so I was rushing. One thing was to turn the deep freeze on and the 2nd thing was to grab the ladder we all use to fill protein feeders. Well it’s a good thing I look everywhere before I ever reach.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Yikes, glad you saw him.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Stickers View Post
                            I would just sacrifice the morning hunt, none of them things get a pass from me.
                            Ditto sir......I thwack them on every continent. The trackers and the PH thought I was crazy [emoji2957] picking up this Puff Adder!

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
                              Ditto sir......I thwack them on every continent. The trackers and the PH thought I was crazy [emoji2957] picking up this Puff Adder!

You do not seem to be crazy but that picture proves me wrong. Aint no way dead or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post

Please tell me you kept the skin off of that thing. That's awesome!

Comment

Working...
                                X