No announcement yet.

BLowtech did it to me again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All bow manufacturers have had limb issues, but Bowtec doesn't seem to fix theirs, while other companies have.

Comment

Originally posted by lovemylegacy View Post
      All bow manufacturers have had limb issues, but Bowtec doesn't seem to fix theirs, while other companies have.
      Really? I have not heard of any issues with realm series and after, when they changed limbs.

The destroyer series and Cpx are 8-12 year old HIGH performance bows. They stress things. A Prius don’t sling many rods…..

Limbs could not handle a long life at that performance. Bowtech changed limbs… and backed off the throttle some

Again IF you bought it from a dealer and registered it you will be taken care of

Comment

My brother is a Bowtech fan. He's been through several models and has had several limb failures. He just say's he likes the way a Bowtech shoots.

I've had a few Bowtech's, never had a limb failure nor do I want to. No Thank you.

Comment

Time to Get Serious. Get Hoyt.

Comment

Originally posted by Sunnylab View Post
            Time to Get Serious. Get Hoyt.
            I think he’s trying to avoid getting hoyt.

Comment

I had a General blow up in my face quite a few years ago, it was replaced with a 101st Airborne, I now shoot a Limited Edition Destroyer 350.
              I think one of the problems I had with the General was I kept it stored in my 24X30 Metal shop outside where it was subject to long extreme heat & cold events. I now make sure my equipment stays in a climate controlled environment.

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
                If y’all will just take them back to the dealership you bought them from I’m sure they will handle the matter correctly and much faster than you can talking to “customer service “. The dealer is the company’s customer and you are the bow shop’s customer. That’s included in the price of the bow

For the record I’ve shot BowTech exclusively for over 20 years, never blew up a bow. Hope you get it resolved and glad you were not hurt
                Same, Was on a lease in 2000's where everyone was shooting bowtech, no issues, I bought an Insanity CPX when they came out and still shoot it till this day with no issues, bought a Solution SS this summer. I've always liked Bowtechs, the only time I almost bought a Mathews was when the z7 first came out. I went bowtech for speed back then, I just like how they shoot now lol and they didn't have a Mathews in stock when I went to shoot new bows.

Comment

As has already been suggested, take it a dealer and see if they can help you, by dealing with Bowtech, instead of trying to DIY. If you're not the original registered owner, you're probably SOL, though.
                  I'm on my 2nd Bowtech and and have has zero issues with either of them, but I've heard and read about previous issues with limbs. That being said, if I were in your shoes, and they don't help you out this time, there's no way in hell that I'd buy another one from them.

Comment

I've shot Bowtech since 2003. I had a '15 Prodigy that had a limb failure and it was replaced/installed/shooting in 6 days. They owe it to you to make it right ASAP, but I couldn't imagine if I was on a hunt and that happened.

I had heard that they took the limb manufacturing in-house and things have gotten much better.

Is that correct, Fishndude?

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
                      Really? I have not heard of any issues with realm series and after, when they changed limbs.

The destroyer series and Cpx are 8-12 year old HIGH performance bows. They stress things. A Prius don’t sling many rods…..

Limbs could not handle a long life at that performance. Bowtech changed limbs… and backed off the throttle some

Again IF you bought it from a dealer and registered it you will be taken care of
                      This.

The knew, solid limbs don't have issues anymore.

I had a small burr on one of my Guardian limbs years ago. My dealer had new limbs installed for free in a week.

My wife and I have shot Bowtechs since 2003. No major issues.

Love my Reign 6.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

OP, did you ever get your elk?? Did those limbs hold up?

Comment

Bowtech is the only bow I have shot for the last 15 years. Never had any problems with any of them.

Comment

There's no lesson to be learned the 2nd time a calf kicks you in the nuts.

Comment

My insanity did the exact same when it was about two yrs old

Comment

This is what happens when a mfg gives bows away like Halloween candy as a marketing gimmick instead of robust quality.

Comment

Working...
                                X