X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Planting this weekend hopefully

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
      I hope we get more. It was SOOO dry when we drilled.

WIsh we could get more Fri/Sat like forecasted. if so I may go broadcast fertilizer
      My part of Bosque County received right at 2" total so for.

Rwc

Comment

Originally posted by Sika View Post
        All week long we had 70-90% chance of rain Thursday through Monday with 1-3” possible. We’ve seen all of two drops
        Still saying 50% chance this afternoon and tomorrow but things are not looking good for the 70 acres we just planted.
        Seed will still be there. Your biggest concern is that you get just enough moisture for germination and then no follow up rain.

Comment

Planted Aug 28 hoping the gulf storms would push some rain up. Luckily the ground was still moist when I planted.
          Attached Files

Comment

Got another 1.3 inches on mine after the 2.5 I am pumped!

With more rain in the forecast. Bring it

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
              Seed will still be there. Your biggest concern is that you get just enough moisture for germination and then no follow up rain.
              I was going to put seed in ground this weekend after the rain. Forecast has me wanting to wait another weekend and see if there is any rain in the future

Comment

Just a recap on planting times

I planted in Newton county on the sept 26 got some good rain throughout the week on it. We mowed on sept 18, gave it a week broadcasted my seed then sprayed gly over the top. I’m pretty excited with my results! The mix I planted had Cereal rye, wheat, triticale, winter peas, clover and rapes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                Last edited by Cullbuck; 10-04-2021, 08:07 AM.

Comment

I had to put it off another week. Too muddy with all the rain this weekend.

Comment

That 3.75 inches we got dried out quick. Need more rain on my plots

Hoping to get some starting Monday got good/decent chances all week

Comment

Looks like increasing chances of rain next week so going to try and get'em in the ground tomorrow.

Comment

Thanx for the contributions ladies and gentlemen.

Comment

Working...
                        X