Elk hunting accident

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
    It's reckless for the state to allow gun hunting during an archery season without putting safeguards in place. Either put everyone in orange during that time or move ML season between archery and pole smoker season.

I'm glad the hunter was charged. Zero excuse for his stupid arse actions.
    Ill take any NM TAGS you get!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
      Can we get the names of the other said slap d!cks?
      are you still in high school? Geez.......

Comment

Originally posted by Sackett View Post
        The State of Colorado should be held partially liable in these cases. Our group hunts the opening week and a half of Archery elk less than 30 miles from this incident. They've allowed rifle bear season to open the same time as Archery Elk and its worried me since they started it. Why put Archery hunters (who don't wear blaze orange) in a situation where they're stalking the same woods as a rifle hunter?
        Agreed, Never understood this. Caught me unaware the first year they allowed it. Kind of unnerving to hear guys unloading their muzzleloaders at the end of the day.

I now stay out of the wood during this overlap.

Comment

Originally posted by Trevor73402 View Post
          This exactly. Everyone wants to blame as many people as possible. The fault and blame ends with the person who pulled the trigger. Period. It is not the “states” fault in any way. Muzzleloader season has been during archery season for as long as I can remember (I’m 41). That’s just the way it is. Get over it or don’t hunt Colorado. They don’t care and won’t miss you. Archery hunters get the entire month of September. That’s why other seasons have to overlap. Notice how not one person mentioned making archery season shorter to install “their” version of the solution to the problem.
          Why build a schedule that allows this type of mistake to happen.

I have no issues with them cutting Now season back a week and dropping in Muzzleloader for that week.
          Heck a-lot of rifle hunters would show up early and scout with a ML.

Comment

No excuse for a hunter shooting a hunter ever, but eliminating opportunity isn't the answer.

I still can't figure out how turkey hunters shoot each other but it happens.

Comment

Originally posted by Texans42 View Post
              I disagree, now I'd rather see a spring season and aug season but that's not happening. Many states have a concurrent ML and or Any weapon bear season including NM.

End of the day Co (Especially southern) HAS A BAD CALF RECRUITMENT ISSUE, mainly do to bear numbers. sept is the most effective open season as it stands.

This year I ran in to one elk hunter and 6 bear hunters(I had a rifle bear tag in my pocket also). I had zero issue with them.
              CO needs to open up spring bear......they are missing a ton of $$$ and a solution to thinning out the bear population.......I guess the tree huggers throw more money at them........

I know I'd make a trip up in early spring myself if it was an option.

Comment

CO needs to open up spring bear......they are missing a ton of $$$ and a solution to thinning out the bear population.......I guess the tree huggers throw more money at them........

I know I'd make a trip up in early spring myself if it was an option.
                Never going to happen, it was put out to a popular vote and the vote terminated it. As far left as CO has become they are more app to vote out bear hunting completely then approve another spring season unfortunately

Ballot box biology

Comment

No excuse for a hunter shooting a hunter ever, but eliminating opportunity isn't the answer.

I still can't figure out how turkey hunters shoot each other but it happens.
                  Right, Could of as easily of been a fisherman or a hiker/camper.

Comment

Never going to happen, it was put out to a popular vote and the vote terminated it. As far left as CO has become they are more app to vote out bear hunting completely then approve another spring season unfortunately

Ballot box biology
                    Hopefully more black bear attacks in the future........

Comment

Dang, Sam.........

Comment

Originally posted by SabineHunter View Post
                        Dang, Sam.........
                        Less scum sucking, tree hugging democrats.....the better

Comment

Less scum sucking, tree hugging democrats.....the better
                          You do make a great point.

Comment

was the Durango one a morality? I can't remember but it's becoming more prominent. Toss in incoming wolf competition and might get interesting for while

Kind of a sad state of affairs really that 3 urban counties control ballot for wildlife decisions

Comment

Lot of blame to go around and most should be toward the shooter in this situation, but it is odd that they allow muzzleloader season during bow season and not make everybody wear organge.

Comment

Originally posted by speck1 View Post
                                I pray I never have to be around anyone that would say that. Archery and muzzleloader seasons should never overlap.
                                Don’t be around anybody in Oklahoma then. Or Texas for that matter.

Comment

Working...
                                X