No lease where should I hunt?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chicken fried View Post
    I’m doing the same thing this year. I put in for several public hunts and thinking about trying my luck at the National Forest. I doubt my luck will be good since I haven’t had a chance to scout it but at least I’ll be in the woods. I would like to do elk hunt for meat or Axis doe hunt.
    ^^^ This ^^^

Sam Houston & Davy Crockett National Forest are not very far away from you.

Comment

You can hunt with me !
      You ride shotgun and control the one eyed beagle. I have over 20,000 miles of roads and fence lines we can hunt.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntntxn View Post
        As mentioned, Kansas is out. Draw state that is getting harder to pull a tag in. Oklahoma has a lot of good public land to hunt and non resident tags are OTC. It might be close enough to visit some places to scout and come up with a plan. Missouri is a little further, but has a LOT more public lands and the OTC non resident tags are cheaper than OK.

Oklahoma and Missouri have a much shorter firearm season than TX so if you are just hunting with a firearm that is something to consider. And you cannot use archery equipment to hunt with during the firearm seasons, unlike here where all methods are legal during the general season.

Never hunted AR, and never even knew anyone that has, but it seems to be a decent place to hunt from what I read about it. And if you want to stay here, buying the $48 APH endorsement opens up quite a few places for you that have decent success if you put the time in to find the deer.

Good luck to you which ever route you choose.
        Not accurate for OK. Archery season runs right through both “gun” seasons.

Comment

Working...
        X