5x6 Custom Blind Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5x6 Custom Blind Build

My wife is building a house and I couldn’t bring myself to burn all the scrap lumber with it being so expensive, so I decided to build me a new blind with the scraps. I am trying to catch up so the roofers can shingle it for me and also the spray foam contractors can insulate it for me.

The inside wall dimensions are a true 5x6 so it should be plenty room for me and my 4 yr old. I plan to put deerview windows and ez tower brackets on it. It is going to be heavy, but my dad has pallet forks for his tractor so hopefully I will be ok.

I am going to buy smart siding for the outside so I will have some cost there. I do plan to finish out the inside with some paneling and carpet, I just haven’t figured out the best option yet.

I plan to work it tomorrow and will post some updates
    Attached Files

Great start! Definitely will be heavy, but solid.

Comment

That is solid for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Massive
        beast of a blind
        good job

Comment

Looking great so far!

Comment

Gonna be a stout sucker, should last forever.....good use of your available resources !!

Comment

Originally posted by Plan B View Post
              My wife is building a house........
              Wait just a minute......."your wife" is building the house? Dang it boy!

Comment

Gonna be a nice she shed.

Comment

Following

Comment

Good design on this nice project, great to use lumber from house build. Post up pics when finished. You and your 4 year old are going to make some great hunting memories in that cool blind, good luck.

Comment

Looks like you and your wife are building a house. Good job

Comment

[QUOTE=Beardedbuck;15659713]Wait just a minute......."your wife" is building the house? Dang it boy![/QUOTE

Yes sir, she is a home designer and contractor.

Comment

Update - finally had an afternoon to work on the blind. Got all the framing done except for a little dead wood for inside walls.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Following this. That is stout for sure.

Comment

I had a few hours to work on the blind today. I finished the dead wood, put some of the expensive A** OSB on the roof. I got the osb covered with a waterproof barrier and 2 fascia boards on before running out of daylight.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X