DWI in williamson county

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DWI in williamson county

Know someone close to me that was recently thrown in jail for DWI. The bartender called cops and they ended up going to his house and arresting him at home in driveway ..weird... which I guess technically he drove home drunk...
    Im not condoning what he did but I want to know what his options are as far as getting bailed out quicker. State law says 3-180 days in jail. How do they decide on the time behind bars? This is a first ever DWI offense.

Anyone know a good DWI lawyer in cedar park? Any tips this early in game? This sucks but so glad noone was hurt.... God knows most of us have driven after a few drinks and I hope this is just a good lesson..

Thanks

Is he not able to bond out?

Comment

sending PM

Comment

Had two of em back in the 90s. Its expensive for sure. He should be released after seeing a judge, and given a court date. Doubt it will take much if a lawyer to get him off unless they have video of him driving. For all they know he called someone who brought someone to drive his vehicle.
        All that said, I hope your freind uses it as a learning experience. Not much good can come from driving with alcohol in you.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Comment

Weird that he isn't already bonded out. Should have happened in a matter of hours. The 3-180 days in jail applies if convicted, unless I'm way off.

Comment

Originally posted by roughneck266 View Post
            Had two of em back in the 90s. Its expensive for sure. He should be released after seeing a judge, and given a court date. Doubt it will take much if a lawyer to get him off unless they have video of him driving. For all they know he called someone who brought someone to drive his vehicle.
            All that said, I hope your freind uses it as a learning experience. Not much good can come from driving with alcohol in you.

Don't believe that applies if he's in a "position of control" (ie the driver seat) or they saw him pull into the driveway.

Comment

Originally posted by Graysonhogs View Post
              Don't believe that applies if he's in a "position of control" (ie the driver seat) or they saw him pull into the driveway.
              I'm sure you're right about that. I certainly am no lawyer.

Comment

If the story is true and the bartender served him any booze he should be looking for his own attorney as well.

Comment

How drunk was he ? Some times if you spend a day or two in jail the judge will give you 2x credits on time served so 24hr = 48
                  “” Is jail time mandatory for 1st DWI in Texas?
                  Criminal Penalties
                  Generally, a first DWI conviction in Texas is a class B misdemeanor. However, if the driver had a BAC of . 15% or more, a first offense is a class A misdemeanor. ... First offenders also face 72 hours to six months in jail (or up to one year in jail if the BAC was 0.15% or more).””

Comment

With the facts you give the elements of the offense are not there . Operating a motor vehicle, upon a public roadway, while under the influence of an alcoholic beverage.

Comment

I would think you'd need to be caught in the act of driving down a public roadway while drunk to get a dwi. I mean, if found in his vehicle in the driveway it is easy to see what events just transpired, but sounds like one of those classic technicalities.

Comment

How about the bartender refuse service to the guy and encourage him to find a ride home? That's a punk move to serve him until he is drunk and then call the cops once he leaves. Don't confuse this with me not holding the drunk guy accountable. At the end of the day it is his responsibility.

Comment

If it were my friend, I'd suggest he call David Chambers in Austin (512) 474-1404

Comment

Originally posted by CEO View Post
                            I would think you'd need to be caught in the act of driving down a public roadway while drunk to get a dwi. I mean, if found in his vehicle in the driveway it is easy to see what events just transpired, but sounds like one of those classic technicalities.
                            U.S. Supreme Court says
                            “” you can get charged with a DUI-related offense with no proof of driving, with no keys in the ignition, or even sometimes outside of your car. ... Even if your car doesn't start, the law under the Supreme Court ruled you can get a DUI without driving and while the car is not moving or parked.Jun 6, 2020”’

Comment

Originally posted by chuckc. View Post
                              With the facts you give the elements of the offense are not there . Operating a motor vehicle, upon a public roadway, while under the influence of an alcoholic beverage.
                              Thing is there aren't enough facts.

Comment

Working...
                              X