Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My property being farmed without permission.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My property being farmed without permission.

So I went over to the other side of the creek. The only way I can access it is thru the creek and now it’s finally dry enough. Some one has cut down all my sunflowers I had planted for dove season, cultivated it for Johnson grass( which I have been fighting to get rid of) and now has the Johnson grass raked up for hay ready to bail.

The person that owns the farm land next to me must been leasing it since he can not sell it for his asking price of 22k an acre. He lives in Michigan based on the neighbors over there that had a problem with him moving property boundaries and already fought with him when he was in Texas a year back.

Not only are they farming it, but they removed the T posts that were the property boundaries. This was all row crop farm land and the prior owners farmed it and farmed my land and split a % of profits from the crops. It was a win win. If he had not removed the TPost and just asked to farm hay I likely would said sure just let me document it for the tax man to show it is still Ag use. I won’t be using thst part of the property until my bridge is built which comes after completion of our barndo, fencing in the front and so on.

What do I do?
    I know I need a new survey now! I can’t build my fence over there till I get one now I don’t know where the property line is because the markers were moved.

Not only tress passing.
    Destroy all the sunflowers I planted which I day lease for dove.
    Removed my property markers!

I put up a sign with my info in the general area the markers were based on specific trees I took mental note for location. But that is not good enough to build fence.

If they start bailing without contacting me I want to go get bales and bring them to my place till they come
    By.

Would that be stealing? It is technically my hay.

Also concerned he sees the sign and knows he is busted and just leaves the hay in the field to rot knowing I will for sure want him or the land owner that leased to him to pay for a survey.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In for this one..

Comment

Originally posted by Graysonhogs View Post
      In for this one..
      Me too

Comment

in to watch....

Comment

Would like to hear how this turns out. Good luck to you.

Comment

Do you know for sure the person in trespass knows they are in trespass? If not, maybe worth getting in touch with them to see if they know they are in the wrong. Maybe you can easily negotiate how to handle in the future and get written confirmation of any agreements, discuss any damages currently related to the trespass, etc. If they want to fight you on it, then that's another story.

Comment

I would let them bale it, then hold it ransom for the amount of lost revenue from dove hunters. Problem is the guys baling hay, might have got permission from said neighbor not knowing it's yours.

Comment

Go bale your hay and get it surveyed ASAP and post clear boundaries

Comment

Do you have his name and contact info?

Comment

I would be selling hay to pay for sunflower damage !

Comment

sounds like a cluster...

Comment

I would just take the hay home if it’s yours. Be sure to tell him thanks for doing that.

Comment

Contact county attorney and sheriff in writing, they may be able to provide guidance. Make sure all your questions are in writing. County tax office will have deed on file of land and owner. They will also be able to give you a printout of the area in question and it will show owners name and amount of acreage. Send owner a registered letter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

From my perspective, I've always made sure I had a clear understanding of the borders on land I own. When I leased it, I made sure anyone on the property knew what the boundaries were, even if there wasn't a fence. In this case, I'd call the squatter wilfully ignorant at best, and a trespasser/thief at worst. It's hard to NOT know the boundaries especially after removing t-posts. I would probably contact your local sheriff and ask him/her for some advice. The property should also have a survey when it was bought/sold so find that instead of paying for a new one.

I'd make them pay for building a new fence and restoring the feeding plot for doves or take them to court.

Comment

Get it surveyed and build a fence.

Comment

Working...
                              X