Vac Master 215 issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vac Master 215 issues

My vac master is not sealing the bags. Am I expecting too much? I called them and they suggested changing the oil. It did not help. It will seal the hell out of a tape measure or any dry test object, but meat is sub par for me. What am I doing wrong?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Can’t help. I own a cheap one

Comment

That’s not good. Hopefully someone has an answer for you.

Comment

Wonder if the heat strip is burned out in a small place. I have a VacPacIt which is similar and ordered an extra heat strip when I purchased as it seems like one of the only wear out points. Maybe seal a bag - cut a hole in other end- Fill with water and submerge and see if it has a small area it is not sealing

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
          Wonder if the heat strip is burned out in a small place. I have a VacPacIt which is similar and ordered an extra heat strip when I purchased as it seems like one of the only wear out points. Maybe seal a bag - cut a hole in other end- Fill with water and submerge and see if it has a small area it is not sealing

It’s sealing good.

Comment

So it works on dry object but not your meat? Are you folding the plastic bags partially inside out (top 3" or so) when loading to prevent moisture where you are trying to seal?
            Last edited by BlackHogDown; 06-25-2020, 10:03 AM.

Comment

VP 215? Their customer service was awesome for me. I had a sealing issue and the walked me thought a check to find a crack in the push bar hose fitting.

How long is the vac cycle set at? I set mine 30-35 seconds. Does the vac gauge go down into the green every time? Do you keep the white boards in the chamber? The boards are designed to take up space volume, so the machine doesn't have to run longer to remove the air.

Comment

Also, is the bag inflating like a balloon in the chamber? If so, gas is having a hard time escaping the bag before it is sealed. Try to set the bags shallower in the seal bar. Check seal bar rubber is secure (on top of lid). The heated charge bar on the bottom pops up and seals the bag. Try running it longer for 40 -45 seconds and see what happens.
                Last edited by Leaverrite; 06-25-2020, 10:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackHogDown View Post
                  So it works on dry object but not your meat? Are you folding the plastic bags partially inside out (top 3" or so) when loading to prevent moisture where you are trying to seal?

Never tried folding them over. It seams to vacuum square objects well. Round cylindrical items not so much.

My grinder tube still has a lot of air in the bag.

Originally posted by Leaverrite View Post
                  Also, is the bag inflating like a balloon in the chamber? If so, gas is having a hard time escaping the bag before it is sealed. Try to set the bags shallower in the seal bar. Check seal bar rubber is secure (on top of lid). The heated charge bar on the bottom pops up and seals the bag. Try running it longer for 40 -45 seconds and see what happens.

It balloons quite often. Seal bar rubber is secure. I have it set for 40 seconds.

Originally posted by Leaverrite View Post
                  VP 215? Their customer service was awesome for me. I had a sealing issue and the walked me thought a check to find a crack in the push bar hose fitting.

How long is the vac cycle set at? I set mine 30-35 seconds. Does the vac gauge go down into the green every time? Do you keep the white boards in the chamber? The boards are designed to take up space volume, so the machine doesn't have to run longer to remove the air.

Vac gauge drops into the green to -0.1 every time. White board is always in it.

Comment

Working...
                  X