Hughes Net

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hughes Net

Anybody had experience with internet speed and service with Hughes Net?
    Moving to a rural area next month and they are the only provider

We did have them for awhile. I would run the hotspot on my phone b4 going back to them. Always out and no service.

Comment

Yep, tried them when we moved out of town... service worked OK but was just soooo slooooow... We cancelled and now use hot spot/air card from AT&T... cell tower about 1/2 mile from my house so service is good and fast too. No problems with live broadcasts/movies and the like.

Comment

Don't do it. Get a hot spot

Comment

Yup, like what everyone else says. It’s slow & doesn’t live up to the tv advertising. It’s ok for looking at emails & that’s about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Hughesnet is horrible. I wouldn't use them if they were the last internet provider on the planet. Try the internet through dish. Much more reliable and better service.

Comment

interesting. We were looking as well. Only issue is theres not much cell service either

Comment

Another thumbs down. It was pathetic. Went to a pay as you go Verizon Hotspot with unlimited service for $70/month. It works very well.

Comment

we use them at work and they are terrible

Comment

Hughs net sales process was terrible so I went with the only other option Viasat, they own the other 2 satellite companies. I paid them $200 a month for 200 megs of speed and got nowhere even close to that, and if it is raining in Canada service was out. So happy I just moved closer to town and got real internet again.

Comment

Dont do it. Used them for about a year or two before we finally threw in the towel. Get a cell booster (if you need to) and hot spot off your phone before using Hughes Net.

Comment

Horrible.

Comment

sux

Comment

Sucks bad, I have them now and the biggest mistake I ever made was signing a contract with them.

Comment

I've been using viasat/exede. Its pricey but I have 0 complaints about the speed or reliability of the product. Been with them for 2 years.

Comment

Working...
                              X