No announcement yet.

Official 2019-2020 benbrook corp thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well the entry deadline is now passed. Good luck to all that applied. If I get by the office this week I will post the results for everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have the results if anyone wants to know if they made it just shoot me the name. Unfortunately for me this year I did not get drawn best of luck for those who have.

Comment

Drawn for #1. Excited to dove hunt. Hope to do a little bow hunting down at Lake Whitney.

Thanks ghost. Good luck everyone else.

Comment

Originally posted by Wikid View Post
          Drawn for #1. Excited to dove hunt. Hope to do a little bow hunting down at Lake Whitney.

Thanks ghost. Good luck everyone else.

The first two weeks of dove season used to be a real hoot! Especially the first few days over in the RS area along the creek and hill side up front. That was back before they built all that stuff out there, including the building up front. If the old leaky tank has any water in it (if you know where that is), it will bring in the birds too. Shot my limits off it also. Old stone dairy house used to be a fair place in the evenings sometimes. If nothing else, where the woods start along the creek on the south side. Later in the evening it gets, the higher they fly after the 1st week. Those hillsides funnel the birds when it's hot and dry out. Ought to be great as long as we don't get any rain. And yes, there are a few rattlers out there here and there. So do watch your step. I've seen my share over the years. The lake is little over 3 foot low right now. So the birds should be using it for water with all the heat and dry spell we've had. Benbrook was the first public lands I ever hunted back in the early 1980s. Have fun! And thank me later.

Comment

Originally posted by ghost View Post
            I have the results if anyone wants to know if they made it just shoot me the name. Unfortunately for me this year I did not get drawn best of luck for those who have.

Thanks!!!

Comment

It looks like 3 out of 7 got drawn on here from those who reached out. Good luck to all drawn.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                The first two weeks of dove season used to be a real hoot! Especially the first few days over in the RS area along the creek and hill side up front. That was back before they built all that stuff out there, including the building up front. If the old leaky tank has any water in it (if you know where that is), it will bring in the birds too. Shot my limits off it also. Old stone dairy house used to be a fair place in the evenings sometimes. If nothing else, where the woods start along the creek on the south side. Later in the evening it gets, the higher they fly after the 1st week. Those hillsides funnel the birds when it's hot and dry out. Ought to be great as long as we don't get any rain. And yes, there are a few rattlers out there here and there. So do watch your step. I've seen my share over the years. The lake is little over 3 foot low right now. So the birds should be using it for water with all the heat and dry spell we've had. Benbrook was the first public lands I ever hunted back in the early 1980s. Have fun! And thank me later.
                Thanks for the insight. I was drawn several years ago and had a pretty good time. The Mojo dove works wonders to get them in.

I work full-time so I shouldn't scare the deer too much. And don't plan to hunt the 377 side. I hope to get a few afternoon hunts in but i'll just depend when I can peel out that way.

Any idea how many are picked for the 2 week period?

Comment

Originally posted by Wikid View Post
                  Thanks for the insight. I was drawn several years ago and had a pretty good time. The Mojo dove works wonders to get them in.

I work full-time so I shouldn't scare the deer too much. And don't plan to hunt the 377 side. I hope to get a few afternoon hunts in but i'll just depend when I can peel out that way.

Any idea how many are picked for the 2 week period?

25 total hunter per hunt section.

Comment

Hunting Group #4

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

drawn #3

Comment

Hunt 3

Comment

Not drawn this year

Comment

Originally posted by ghost View Post
                            25 total hunter per hunt section.

Could you tell me if I was drawn, please? I sent you a message. I would appreciate it, and be in your debt... lol!

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by da_pepper View Post
                                Could you tell me if I was drawn, please? I sent you a message. I would appreciate it, and be in your debt... lol!

Sorry for late response. I just posted the list

Comment

Working...
                                X