Online Retail Rant!! Foundry35

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Online Retail Rant!! Foundry35

If there isn’t one thing that hacks me off more about online companies trying to pocket our industries cash in the retail world is the following. FOUNDRY35 offers a release for a great deal well below avg retail true-fire Hardcore Max for @$80. I am in need of a new one before the season opener to practice with as I do with any new equipment. Pulled the string on the purchase and **BAM* instantly money is taken out of my account and sent to there account (as it should be). I receive an email that order has been processed and will be out for shipping. I await a week later and still no release. I send emails. I call company leaving messages and ZERO response. Several days later I happen to find them on Facebook and send a PM via social media (still no response from them via email or telephone) I write them an instant message and get a response. “Sorry out of stock and backordered” typical right? Company taking your money and holding onto it by selling something they don’t even have. So I am told that another shipment will be in the following week and asked if I still want to keep the order in process. I told them yes as long as I get the item I purchased. Here we are awaiting another week and nothing. I have received Zero correspondence from them. I send them another PM via social media and they respond “sorry we didn’t receive any and they are backordered”. They stated they will refund my money and it should be back in my account in a few days! So at the end of the day these companies that advertise sales on merchandise they don’t even own or can get in any timely manner are ripping people like us off off taking our money. I am convinced I could have waited a year and would have never gotten that release. And had I not found the Facebook page I would have never received my money back either. 1.) Don’t offer services or merchandise you don’t even have! 2.)If you run out of stock process the order and let the customer know they won’t be receiving the item! 3.) Don’t lie and state more will be coming in when they are not tying up our money and time even longer. RANT OVER!!! Foundry35 is NO BUENO in my books.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ghost; 09-24-2018, 10:36 AM.

Yep. Had this happen on opticsplanet and I will never order from them again. Took weeks to get my money back after the runaround.

Comment

Originally posted by BURTONboy View Post
      Yep. Had this happen on opticsplanet and I will never order from them again. Took weeks to get my money back after the runaround.

Opposite happened to me. Item was backordered and they didn’t charge me till it shipped. It was an $1000 upper and it hit on a different bill timing than I was expecting...I thought I had already paid for it but they didn’t charge till they shipped.

Comment

i'm dealing with that right now on some Jeep parts. Labor day sale. of course it is all drop shipped from the manufacturer. so far "its supposed to ship this week" is all i've gotten.

Comment

Originally posted by BURTONboy View Post

Happened to me with opticsplanet on some Vortex Binos. Took me a week just to get a straight answer. I'm not going back anytime soon, but I did get a 10 percent off coupon for my NEXT order. So I've got that going for me...which is nice.

Comment

Order with a credit card so they can not scam your money.

Comment

Sounds like Cabelas

Comment

Originally posted by Boomerang View Post
                Order with a credit card so they can not scam your money.
                This

Comment

I started a new policy with online orders. If they can't ship within 3 business days of my order. It's cancelled. Amazon can get it out the next day. That's the standard. Sorry if you can't keep up.get out of the way.

Comment

I will be calling and checking stock status from now on I guess instead of shopping in the evening when I enjoy it. It’s BS to take people’s money when you don’t have the goods. Anybody need some ocean front property? Lol

Comment

Originally posted by AxisAddict View Post
                      Happened to me with opticsplanet on some Vortex Binos. Took me a week just to get a straight answer. I'm not going back anytime soon, but I did get a 10 percent off coupon for my NEXT order. So I've got that going for me...which is nice.
                      I waited on those for 2 months but finally got them in the end. I only ordered because it was a smoking deal and didn't really need them. I would have cancelled as well if I had needed them.

Comment

Many of these companies dont keep these items in stock they just get them drop shipped straight from a distribution company as soon as you order. They do it for a small profit which makes it hard for retailers to compete with online sales. If their distributor is out of stock then they cant ship it.

Comment

That happens when you order from fly by night "companies".

Basically some guy with a vendor acct that never sees or touches your product but simply has it drop shipped to you from the manufacturer.

I tend to stick to the big names when online shopping.

Comment

Working...
                          X