X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Daily Bible Portion (Friday)

Daily Bible Portion - 6 of 7
    "NOAH"

(Weekly Reading>> Genesis 6:9-11:32, Isaiah 54:1-10, Numbers 28:1-15, Matthew 24:36-44, 1 Peter 3:18-22)

The Covering

Genesis 8:12-13 “So he [Noah] waited yet another seven days and sent out the dove, which did not return again to him anymore. And it came to pass in the six hundred and first year, in the first month, the first day of the month, that the waters were dried up from the earth; and Noah removed the covering of the ark and looked, and indeed the surface of the ground was dry.”

What kind of roof did Noah have on the ark? Through the word study we see the roof was an animal skin covering. Covering in Hebrew is mikseh (Strong’s #H4372/TWOT #1008c). This noun refers mostly to the leather (as in badger skins, porpoise skins and hides of sea cows) that comprised the coverings of the Tabernacle as well.

We may have seen pictures of the ark with a wooden roof, but this scripture in Genesis 8 reshapes the picture in our minds. Animal skins speak of atonement cover and shed blood, much like the garments made for Adam and Eve. Yeshua is our atonement. Without His offering we would not be redeemed from our iniquities and transgressions called many waters. As animals are used in scripture to represent people, the skins over the ark also represent the atonement and surrendering of the animalistic sinful nature of our lives as we bow in humility before Yahweh. This is what is pictured over the ark. The righteous acts before Him are for His glory. When we walk in redemption through Torah principles we too will become a refuge, ark and tabernacle – the dwelling place of Yahweh for many peoples and nations.

Psalm 46:1-4 “God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear, even though the earth be removed, and though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea; though its waters roar and be troubled, though the mountains shake with its swelling. Selah. There is a river whose streams shall make glad the city of God, the holy place of the tabernacle of the Most High.”

Psalm 18:20-24 “Yahweh rewarded me [David] according to my righteousness; according to the cleanness of my hands He has recompensed me. For I have kept the ways of Yahweh, and have not wickedly departed from my God. For all His judgments were before me, and I did not put away His statutes from me. I was also blameless before Him, and I kept myself from my iniquity. Therefore Yahweh has recompensed me according to my righteousness, according to the cleanness of my hands in His sight.”

Isaiah 61:10 “I will greatly rejoice in Yahweh, My soul shall be joyful in my God; for He has clothed me with the garments of salvation, He has covered me with the robe of righteousness, as a bridegroom decks himself with ornaments, and as a bride adorns herself with her jewels.”

In the Tabernacle’s cubic dimensions, the furniture and materials used (wood clad in gold; a metal), plus the skin covering over top could produce static and anything under that roof could become electrically charged. We see similar usage with the measurements and the materials used by Noah in the ark he was called to build. The window was one cubic in dimension that became a light source, and the roof was a covering of skins. When Noah removed the covering, it may have been by means of a tear or zion (scion) of the skin (covering) in order to reveal the window through which the raven and dove flew. Zion is the term with many uses: a vinedresser uses a zion to speak of the process of cutting and grafting branches into an olive tree. As Adam’s side was pierced (zion) to produce his bride, so was Yeshua’s side torn or pierced (zion) for His Bride to came forth. We who are in Messiah are called branches that are grafted into the Messiah.

Upon Messiah’s death, the veil in the temple was torn (rent/zion) from top to bottom revealing the way home for the Bride. (Matthew 27:51; Mark 15:38; Luke 23:45; Romans 11:17-18) (Zion/Scion: Grafted: figuratively and Hebraic, of a descendant, as a shoot or sprout offspring Romans 15:12).

Mark 1:10 “As Yeshua was coming up out of the water, he saw heaven being ‘torn’ open (schizo) and the Spirit descending on him like a dove.”

Schizo (Strong’s #G4977) meaning to cleave, split, also used for divide, open, tear or torn.

The Third Covenant: The Covenant of Noah
    (Genesis 8:21 to 9:17; 24-27)

Genesis 8:14-17 “By the twenty-seventh day of the second month the earth was completely dry. Yahweh said to Noah, ‘Come out of the ark, you and your wife and your sons and their wives. Bring out every kind of living creature that is with you-- the birds, the animals, and all the creatures that move along the ground-- so they can multiply on the earth and be fruitful and increase in number upon it.’”

Noah was so grateful for their safe arrival that he built an altar out of obedience to lift up the elevation, praise and worship offerings to Yahweh using some of the clean animals that had been with him on the ark (Genesis 8:20). Yahweh was pleased with Noah and He received his offerings, and then set in place an eternal universal Covenant with him, which promises:

•That a flood would never again destroy the earth.

•Establishment of the principles of human government to curb sin.

•Proclaims the first physical sign of Yahweh’s Covenants: the multi colored rainbow to be set in the clouds - which still stands to this day as a testimony and witness to the promises of Noah’s covenant today[Everlasting].

The Rainbow

In the story of Creation, light came out of darkness. This is a prophetic picture of Yahweh sanctifying us by drawing us from the darkness to His Light - Yeshua. Light travels faster than anything in the universe. It stimulates sight and makes things visible. Black is the base and light is added to eventually get to white. Light has energy and is part of the electromagnetic spectrum, which ranges from radio waves to gamma rays. A rainbow forms when light travels from one medium, such as air into another; in this case the water of the cloud (raindrops). When all the colors that make up sunlight are combined, they look white, but once they are refracted, the colors break up into the ones we see as in a rainbow. The primary colors of light are red, blue, and green, and the secondary are yellow, cyan/aqua, and magenta.

Mixing pigment and mixing light are very different. Red and green paint, for example, make brown paint, but red and green light makes yellow light. Amazingly enough, colors are perceived in our eyes and brains by a three-color code; three different particles in the retina are sensitive to red, blue, and green. Just as mixing the three primary colors can make any color of the spectrum, so do our own eyes discern the various colors by sensing different wavelengths with these three receptors.

Each light color carries its own frequency. They announce Yahweh’s promise to His Bride. The colors of the rainbow declare Yahweh’s whole redemption story and echo, through His prisms of Light, His Covenant promises to her.

Today, we can see deep into space with the help of the Hubble space telescope that Yahweh is still creating. In this next picture named Pillars of Creation, His Light is piercing the darkness within the birthing of this new star. Note the prominent colors of red, blue and green.

continues tomorrow...
Working...
X