Reply
Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-15-2021, 06:35 PM   #1
bigjohntex
Ten Point
 
bigjohntex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: east texas
Hunt In: Kaufman county
Default People with no car insurance!

Drive me crazy!!! I had a woman run a stop sign yesterday morning right in front of me. I even have dash cam video of the accident. After all the vehicles were towed and I was checked out at the E R (Luckily no broken bones) I called her insurance to file a report. 2 hours later her insurance called and said she had canceled 5 months ago! Ugh, I have called state farm and turned it over to my insurance. The have already told me it will be totalled! So the battled begins and I know I will lose so much money! Horrible time to buy another truck. I had a 2017 Tacoma TRD SPORT with only 34,000 miles. I will replace it with another Tacoma for sure. Sorry for the long rant. Uninsured people suck.....
Attached Images
  
bigjohntex is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-15-2021, 06:38 PM   #2
Drycreek3189
Pope & Young
 
Drycreek3189's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Troup
Hunt In: Cherokee, Rusk Counties
Default

Sorry for your luck, I’ll bet we would all cringe if we knew how many people didn’t have the so called mandatory coverage.
Drycreek3189 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-15-2021, 06:39 PM   #3
PYBUCK
Pope & Young
 
PYBUCK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Rankin, Tx
Hunt In: Upton County
Default

She was probably driving a POS. Beat it back out and go again. Might get a $200 fine and suspended license, but that won't matter to her either. Sorry
PYBUCK is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-15-2021, 06:39 PM   #4
Burnadell
Pope & Young
 
Burnadell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: White Oak
Hunt In: Bee County
Default

Glad you are okay.
Burnadell is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-15-2021, 06:43 PM   #5
Gumbo Man
Ten Point
 
Gumbo Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2021
Location: Livingston Texas
Hunt In: Onalaska Texas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PYBUCK View Post
She was probably driving a POS. Beat it back out and go again. Might get a $200 fine and suspended license, but that won't matter to her either. Sorry
This. The people that are uninsurable with no license, no current tags or inspection with paper tags , different color quarter panels, hood and doors on their rust rockets drive like total morons.

Last edited by Gumbo Man; 10-15-2021 at 06:46 PM.
Gumbo Man is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-15-2021, 06:47 PM   #6
jgard
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Royse city
Hunt In: east tx
Default

Call petty details out of Sulpher springs they will give you a valve that insurance should pay (214)227-2154 they are good they got me $2500 more on my wife’s car in 2018
jgard is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-15-2021, 06:49 PM   #7
flywise
Pope & Young
 
flywise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Tx
Hunt In: Blanco, Nacadoches,NewMexico,Colorado
Default

When I was 20 I got tossed in Jail for 3 days for no insurance and cost me $786 to get out. Since I became a fireman I can tell you people with no insurance can just walk away from an accident and if they happen to be a non speaking individual no consequences
flywise is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-15-2021, 06:53 PM   #8
CEO
Pope & Young
 
CEO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: The Woodlands, TX
Hunt In: TX, MO, CO
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
Sorry for your luck, Iíll bet we would all cringe if we knew how many people didnít have the so called mandatory coverage.
No doubt. We require a license to rent from us. You wouldn't believe the amount of people driving around without one. Everything from beater trucks to brand new lifted diesels.
CEO is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-15-2021, 06:54 PM   #9
Bucknaked
Ten Point
 
Bucknaked's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2021
Location: Hallettsville
Hunt In: Lavaca , Edwards & Gillespie counties
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjohntex View Post
Drive me crazy!!! I had a woman run a stop sign yesterday morning right in front of me. I even have dash cam video of the accident. After all the vehicles were towed and I was checked out at the E R (Luckily no broken bones) I called her insurance to file a report. 2 hours later her insurance called and said she had canceled 5 months ago! Ugh, I have called state farm and turned it over to my insurance. The have already told me it will be totalled! So the battled begins and I know I will lose so much money! Horrible time to buy another truck. I had a 2017 Tacoma TRD SPORT with only 34,000 miles. I will replace it with another Tacoma for sure. Sorry for the long rant. Uninsured people suck.....
You werenít lucky, you were blessed brother! Been there, done that twice! Stay on your insurance, they can go after her property but you have to stay on Ďem! Been there and done that too!
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-15-2021, 06:55 PM   #10
Leemo
Ten Point
 
Leemo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Matagorda
Hunt In: Fowlerton
Default

I’d get booted off of here if I commented how I really felt
Leemo is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-15-2021, 06:56 PM   #11
DaveC
Pope & Young
 
DaveC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Crosby,Tx
Hunt In: Kinney County
Default

I love how the rules only apply to those who follow them.

I wonder how much lower our premiums would be if everyone put into the pot.
Same with medical ins.

The insured flip the bill for the uninsured.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DaveC is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-15-2021, 06:59 PM   #12
Pedernal
Pope & Young
 
Pedernal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Del Rio
Hunt In: Amistad
Default

Hate to see/hear about your accident… make sure you keep on top of any injuries that might become apparent in the coming weeks… I am still dealing with issues from an accident this past May.
Pedernal is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-15-2021, 06:59 PM   #13
MadHatter
Pope & Young
 
MadHatter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Default

So out of the hundreds of thousands, possibly millions, of new drivers Texas is fixing to have in the next yr or so, how many of them do you think will have insurance?
Reckon our insurance rates might go up $5 or $10?
I was side swiped by a drunk black man in a hoopty.
Couldn't even stand up when he got out of the truck.
Called the Dallas police, the lady ask if both vehicles were drivable, I said yes, and she said they wouldnt even send a unit out.
Couldn't even get a legible sentence out of the guy, say nothing of a insurance card.
His vehicle was no longer operable when I left.
MadHatter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-15-2021, 07:25 PM   #14
DaveC
Pope & Young
 
DaveC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Crosby,Tx
Hunt In: Kinney County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadHatter View Post
So out of the hundreds of thousands, possibly millions, of new drivers Texas is fixing to have in the next yr or so, how many of them do you think will have insurance?
Reckon our insurance rates might go up $5 or $10?
I was side swiped by a drunk black man in a hoopty.
Couldn't even stand up when he got out of the truck.
Called the Dallas police, the lady ask if both vehicles were drivable, I said yes, and she said they wouldnt even send a unit out.
Couldn't even get a legible sentence out of the guy, say nothing of a insurance card.
His vehicle was no longer operable when I left.

Yikes
and

Kudos on keeping the drunk off the road. Surprised you didnít get a bill in the mail for repairs.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DaveC is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-15-2021, 07:50 PM   #15
bigjohntex
Ten Point
 
bigjohntex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: east texas
Hunt In: Kaufman county
Default

Accident video. If you don't have a dash cam I hope you get one soon!
https://youtu.be/oc6hjeQslCM
bigjohntex is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-15-2021, 07:57 PM   #16
perow
Pope & Young
 
perow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Garland
Hunt In: Moran
Default

Have dealt with it twice-both times came out and nothing happened to the drivers. I just don’t understand it when there are no consequences for not following the law
perow is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-15-2021, 07:58 PM   #17
Snowflake Killa
Pope & Young
 
Snowflake Killa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Shepherd
Hunt In: East Texas
Default

Glad you okay. You could always sell the catalytic converter to recoup some of your loss. And that does such

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
Snowflake Killa is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-15-2021, 07:58 PM   #18
Snowflake Killa
Pope & Young
 
Snowflake Killa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Shepherd
Hunt In: East Texas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
Glad you okay. You could always sell the catalytic converter to recoup some of your loss. And that does such

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
Suck

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
Snowflake Killa is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-15-2021, 07:59 PM   #19
KGreene
Four Point
 
Join Date: Sep 2021
Hunt In: Hopkins County
Default

I work in Garland Texas, and have been tapped twice by people with no insurance. Now my new Tundra stays in the garage and I drive a beater driver car. Hope you find a nice replacement for the Taco.
KGreene is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-15-2021, 08:09 PM   #20
txoutdoorsman24
Pope & Young
 
txoutdoorsman24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Boerne
Hunt In: Sonora/Sutton County
Default

Man that sucks. Hate to see that but glad you’re ok. Have been in that situation twice so far as both times nothing happened to them. Unfortunately it’s a common way of life now. My wife’s Medical assistant had a brand new 2021 Chevy truck that had no insurance. She bought it, and then let the insurance lap after a few payments. It’s what most people do apparently
txoutdoorsman24 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-15-2021, 08:40 PM   #21
Walker
Pope & Young
 
Walker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: San Antonio
Default

Do you have uninsured motorist coverage. Your insurance should take care or everything.
Walker is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-15-2021, 09:01 PM   #22
Buck Shot
Eight Point
 
Buck Shot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Kerens
Hunt In: Freestone County
Default

The uninsured should go straight to jail if involved in an accident.
Buck Shot is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-15-2021, 09:07 PM   #23
bigjohntex
Ten Point
 
bigjohntex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: east texas
Hunt In: Kaufman county
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walker View Post
Do you have uninsured motorist coverage. Your insurance should take care or everything.
Yes, I have collision, uninsured, under insured coverage. But, there is no way I won't lose thousands of dollars on a totalled vehicle. Especially with Tacoma prices having gone nuts with the lack of production of new and used prices skyrocketing.
bigjohntex is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-15-2021, 09:31 PM   #24
RiverRat1
Pope & Young
 
RiverRat1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Leander
Hunt In: San Saba
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by perow View Post
Have dealt with it twice-both times came out and nothing happened to the drivers. I just donít understand it when there are no consequences for not following the law
Let one of us hard working people try it...I bet we don't just get to walk away.
RiverRat1 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-15-2021, 09:46 PM   #25
sailor
Pope & Young
 
sailor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Texas
Hunt In: Texas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leemo View Post
Iíd get booted off of here if I commented how I really felt
I suspect, it's only gonna get worse, in time to come.
sailor is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-15-2021, 09:57 PM   #26
Man
Pope & Young
 
Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Casper,Tx
Hunt In: Nacogdoches,Tx
Default

Its only going to get worse....for many reasons. Some mentioned above.
Man is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-15-2021, 09:59 PM   #27
pontiac
Eight Point
 
pontiac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Arlington
Default

BigJohn

You can initiate a “crash case” with DPS to get her DL suspended. You send a copy of the police report, proof she caused more then $1000 in damages and if possible written confirmation she did not have insurance.

Within 20 days of notice she can request a hearing to contest it (but unlikely to work in your case). Once DPS confirms it the DL is suspended.

A victim of an uninsured driver can also file suit. If you get a judgment that they do not pay, you can have DPS suspend their drivers license.

I had a guy almost kill my wife and that SOB never got his DL back.

Feel free to send a PM if you want any help.
pontiac is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-15-2021, 10:00 PM   #28
crowmagnum
Eight Point
 
crowmagnum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Las Colinas/Sargent Tx
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leemo View Post
Iíd get booted off of here if I commented how I really felt
Me too Leemo!🤬
crowmagnum is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-15-2021, 10:02 PM   #29
crowmagnum
Eight Point
 
crowmagnum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Las Colinas/Sargent Tx
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by crowmagnum View Post
Me too Leemo!🤬
You just have to add staying away from older model cars w dents all over them to your defensively driving skill!
crowmagnum is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-15-2021, 10:55 PM   #30
mikemorvan
Pope & Young
 
mikemorvan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: FW
Hunt In: vetements noirs
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pontiac View Post
BigJohn

You can initiate a “crash case” with DPS to get her DL suspended. You send a copy of the police report, proof she caused more then $1000 in damages and if possible written confirmation she did not have insurance.

Within 20 days of notice she can request a hearing to contest it (but unlikely to work in your case). Once DPS confirms it the DL is suspended.

A victim of an uninsured driver can also file suit. If you get a judgment that they do not pay, you can have DPS suspend their drivers license.

I had a guy almost kill my wife and that SOB never got his DL back.

Feel free to send a PM if you want any help.
There's a lot of people driving w/o insurance. There's also a bunch of people driving w/o valid licenses. Insurance and licenses are for those that choose to get them.
mikemorvan is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-16-2021, 06:42 AM   #31
bigjohntex
Ten Point
 
bigjohntex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: east texas
Hunt In: Kaufman county
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pontiac View Post
BigJohn

You can initiate a “crash case” with DPS to get her DL suspended. You send a copy of the police report, proof she caused more then $1000 in damages and if possible written confirmation she did not have insurance.

Within 20 days of notice she can request a hearing to contest it (but unlikely to work in your case). Once DPS confirms it the DL is suspended.

A victim of an uninsured driver can also file suit. If you get a judgment that they do not pay, you can have DPS suspend their drivers license.

I had a guy almost kill my wife and that SOB never got his DL back.

Feel free to send a PM if you want any help.
Thank you for that information. I'm sure my insurance will do everything they can to recover what they can. I already have written confirmation of her insurance being canceled 5 months ago. One month after she got a six month insurance card that she presented after the accident.

Last edited by bigjohntex; 10-16-2021 at 07:17 AM.
bigjohntex is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-16-2021, 06:55 AM   #32
friscopaint
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Collinsville
Default

Being a long time fireman on Fort Worth Northside I will say its probably more unusual if someone has insurance than not. Nothing happens to them and many times even if drunk nothing happens just as in this instance
friscopaint is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-16-2021, 07:40 AM   #33
bigjohntex
Ten Point
 
bigjohntex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: east texas
Hunt In: Kaufman county
Default

We have found where they are having a new house built and bragging about it on face book. Now we have their real address (not the one they gave at the accident) and have turned it over to state farm along with the county appraisal info. I also have other information for vehicles they own. I feel sure State Farm will go after everything. Here are pictures of the new house. They can afford to have a house built but not car insurance. SMH.....
Attached Images
 
bigjohntex is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-16-2021, 08:27 AM   #34
sharpstick35
Ten Point
 
sharpstick35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: odessa tx
Hunt In: rocksprings tx
Default

I have uninsured/underinsured coverage on my insurance. I was hit by a drunk 10 years ago and he had insurance but it was only 100k per wreck and he caused a 5 car pile up.
sharpstick35 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-16-2021, 08:46 AM   #35
Box-R
Four Point
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Jarrell
Default

How did you find the perp's REAL address and the other info? THAT is a useful skill.
Box-R is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-16-2021, 09:06 AM   #36
Hockley
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjohntex View Post
Yes, I have collision, uninsured, under insured coverage. But, there is no way I won't lose thousands of dollars on a totalled vehicle. Especially with Tacoma prices having gone nuts with the lack of production of new and used prices skyrocketing.
Not true. Your insurance company has to pay you market value for what it will cost to replace your exact truck. Start searching and saving listings. Do NOT accept their initial offer. This is a negotiation, not a dictation.

Glad you aren’t hurt. Good luck.
Hockley is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-16-2021, 09:51 AM   #37
bigjohntex
Ten Point
 
bigjohntex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: east texas
Hunt In: Kaufman county
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Box-R View Post
How did you find the perp's REAL address and the other info? THAT is a useful skill.
My wife. Lol. A lot came off "Smart backgroundchecks .com" Lots of info can be found if you dig and dig. We have found phone numbers for her and husband, (I called her when I found out insurance had been canceled.) She has had at least 10 phone numbers and 10 aliases with 29 different addresses! Husband has had 11 phone numbers, 12 aliases and 30 addresses. She could care less about my truck/my injuries when I called her. She was complaining that she no longer had a vehicle to drive! We have found he has at least 3 different Facebook accounts.
bigjohntex is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-16-2021, 10:00 AM   #38
bigjohntex
Ten Point
 
bigjohntex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: east texas
Hunt In: Kaufman county
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockley View Post
Not true. Your insurance company has to pay you market value for what it will cost to replace your exact truck. Start searching and saving listings. Do NOT accept their initial offer. This is a negotiation, not a dictation.

Glad you arenít hurt. Good luck.
I am already preparing for this. My truck has well over $4000.00 in added options over a factory TRD SPORT. The selling prices have gone up $7 to $10 thousand dollars since January of this year for the same truck. I have kept up with prices/options/modifications prices. I am kinda a Tacoma fan.
bigjohntex is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-16-2021, 10:07 AM   #39
BeardedAg08
Four Point
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Default

I got hit by an uninsured couple 1.5 years ago.....****** me off and nothing happens to them. They really need to go to jail until they pay you back
BeardedAg08 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-16-2021, 10:09 AM   #40
tdwinklr
Ten Point
 
tdwinklr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Leonard, TX
Hunt In: N. Central and N. East TX
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjohntex View Post
My wife. Lol. A lot came off "Smart backgroundchecks .com" Lots of info can be found if you dig and dig. We have found phone numbers for her and husband, (I called her when I found out insurance had been canceled.) She has had at least 10 phone numbers and 10 aliases with 29 different addresses! Husband has had 11 phone numbers, 12 aliases and 30 addresses. She could care less about my truck/my injuries when I called her. She was complaining that she no longer had a vehicle to drive! We have found he has at least 3 different Facebook accounts.
that's cool stuff. Go get 'em! Hope they have to pay everything and then some for the trouble.
tdwinklr is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-16-2021, 10:17 AM   #41
tdwinklr
Ten Point
 
tdwinklr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Leonard, TX
Hunt In: N. Central and N. East TX
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjohntex View Post
Accident video. If you don't have a dash cam I hope you get one soon!
https://youtu.be/oc6hjeQslCM
very true. I have one and its saved my bacon a couple times. The last time, a lady cut me off by coming all the way over from the middle lane, into my lane, then to the left turn lane that I was about to get into, then slammed on her brakes inside the turn lane after I entered it, causing me to rear-end her car. She got out and pretended to be all apologetic but later lied to the insurance, saying I was doing something else. Well, my dash cam caught it all. I sent the footage in and her insurance reversed the decision and paid for my damages instead.
tdwinklr is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-16-2021, 10:19 AM   #42
Roger
Eight Point
 
Roger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Sadler, TX
Hunt In: Grayson, Collingsworth
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjohntex View Post
I am already preparing for this. My truck has well over $4000.00 in added options over a factory TRD SPORT. The selling prices have gone up $7 to $10 thousand dollars since January of this year for the same truck. I have kept up with prices/options/modifications prices. I am kinda a Tacoma fan.
I've had State Farm my entire adult life. Been through two truck total losses. One way back in 95 and one on my sons truck this year. In both cases, without negotiation, they paid me shockingly good values. They also added value on first one for extras I had added. Adjuster asked me if I had added anything to the truck. Hopefully your experience will be the similar.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Roger is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-16-2021, 10:24 AM   #43
MadHatter
Pope & Young
 
MadHatter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjohntex View Post
My wife. Lol. A lot came off "Smart backgroundchecks .com" Lots of info can be found if you dig and dig. We have found phone numbers for her and husband, (I called her when I found out insurance had been canceled.) She has had at least 10 phone numbers and 10 aliases with 29 different addresses! Husband has had 11 phone numbers, 12 aliases and 30 addresses. She could care less about my truck/my injuries when I called her. She was complaining that she no longer had a vehicle to drive! We have found he has at least 3 different Facebook accounts.
Wowzer, sounds like they are scam artist or something similar.
Everyone I know that switches phones and addresses like these people do, could not afford a house like that.....
MadHatter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-16-2021, 11:00 AM   #44
bakin7005
Ten Point
 
bakin7005's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: North Richland Hills
Hunt In: Oklahoma (there's no deer there)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadHatter View Post
Wowzer, sounds like they are scam artist or something similar.

Everyone I know that switches phones and addresses like these people do, could not afford a house like that.....
I doubt very seriously that they are building the house that's posted on FB. That's probably part of a scam too.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
bakin7005 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-16-2021, 01:09 PM   #45
91cavgt
Ten Point
 
91cavgt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: San Antonio
Default

Was heading to work early one morning 20 years ago. A guy crossed over 2 lanes to try to pull into a gas station hitting me in the process. They pulled into a gas pump like nothing happened and didn’t know English. I called the Mesquite police and luckily there was an officer a couple of blocks over. The cop was bilingual so the guy that hit me learned English pretty quickly. He didn’t have a driver license, the insurance was in someone else’s name and on a different vehicle. Ended up causing $1,800 worth of damage. My insurance ended up paying to fix the car.
91cavgt is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-16-2021, 02:18 PM   #46
RMW
Pope & Young
 
RMW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Burr
Hunt In: Down South
Default

Sucks I tell ya! Back in the late 90s I got off work early one Friday afternoon to go fishing and some POS with out insurance pulled out in front of me in my 92 dodge 250 Cummins doing about 70mph, and as you can imagine I sent him to La La land. He was driving a small beat up Toyota Corolla.
RMW is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-16-2021, 02:20 PM   #47
dustoffer
Pope & Young
 
dustoffer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Seguin, Tx
Hunt In: S/Central Tx
Default

Friend of mine was an agent here in town and after a similar thing happened to me, he told me 65% of the drivers in our town were uninsured. That was years ago, and I'd bet COVID has raised those numbers, along with the influx of illegals.
dustoffer is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-16-2021, 02:46 PM   #48
zac221
Ten Point
 
zac221's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Copperas Cove
Hunt In: Lampasas and Burnet county
Default

Yeah, youíd be shocked at how many people driving around without insurance and licenses. Just blows my mind.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
zac221 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-16-2021, 07:37 PM   #49
WRasco
Eight Point
 
WRasco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Magnolia, TX
Hunt In: Online - Buy more gear than I Hunt...
Default

But its against the law to drive without insurance.


JK - sorry fo your troubles - safe thing happened t me about 10 years ago. Except mine was not totaled.
WRasco is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-17-2021, 06:53 AM   #50
lunatic'hunter
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Tejas
Hunt In: Texas, Kentucky, Colorado, Montana, Wyoming
Default

You just described the POS that rear ended me and totaled our Toyota Camry. When i saw the differnet color door, no plates and no inspection sticker, i knew I was screwed. Then he had the balls to tell me me to just exchange insurance info and call it good. i told him, "Bull****, I'm calling the cops". Result, he got 4 tickets, one of them for no insurance. And he walked away. I had to get another car and pay the $500 deductible. My insurance company never got jack from that moron. People should lose their licenses over crap like that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumbo Man View Post
This. The people that are uninsurable with no license, no current tags or inspection with paper tags , different color quarter panels, hood and doors on their rust rockets drive like total morons.
lunatic'hunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:30 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright 1999-2012, TexasBowhunter.com