Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best 10mm 1911 frame handgun for hunting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I recently sold my Glock 10mm because it just didn't fit me very well. I want to get another 10mm for whitetail and hogs and put an rmr on it for 75 yards and in hunting here in Texas.

I've done some quick research online, but does anyone have any experience with a 1911 frame 10mm that they like? Here's a few models that I've read about and are considering (don't want to spend $3k+ on a setup - so no Nighthawks or high end Kimbers, Dan Wesson's etc.)

Kimber Custom TL II
    Kimber KHX Custom
    Springfield TRP Operator
    Springfield Ronin
    Remington R1 long slide

Thanks for the help!

No help here, but I've always had a hankering for the EEA witness version.
    S/A D/A depending on which model chosen.

Droooool...

I recently bought a RRA 10 off a TBHer and have a glock G40 version.
    To me the above linked guns would bring both worlds together, never shot one thought.

Here is a 6" version-
    Last edited by DaveC; 10-05-2021, 09:50 AM.

Comment

I really like my Bruin by DW and it was less then 3k new.

Comment

Tagged, in the same market. Those EAA look nice, I want to shoot one now and see.

Comment

I'd go Dan Wesson personally. However, I'd look at something other than a 1911 for 10MM.

From your list I'd go with the TRP Operator, but you can get into used Dan Wesson's for those prices.
          Last edited by Clay C; 10-05-2021, 10:09 AM.

Comment

I like how my Colt shoots but I wouldn't want to carry it for days in the field.

Comment

I really like my STI TBH 10mm.
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Phillip Fields View Post
                I really like my STI TBH 10mm.
                My dream gun. Hate that I missed the build.

Comment

I’d lean toward Springfield

Comment

Kimber TLE II & Kimber Camp Guard both good guns. Haven't shot the TLE much but have put about 1,000 rounds through the Camp Guard and really like it. Cabelas in Ft. Worth may have one, the Allen store had 1 a few weeks ago. Think it was around $1,200.

Comment

Don’t laugh but the Rock Island Ultra series pistols are very good for the money.

I’d have a hard time milling a slide on an over $1k pistol but wouldn’t think twice about it on a $700 one.

Mine is a double stack long slide and may not be what you are looking for but a trigger change and some polishing of the slide rails and this is a very nice gun.

I did change the barrel to a threaded one to be able to use a suppressor on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                      Last edited by Mike D; 10-05-2021, 01:42 PM.

Comment

Oops on my post.
                        My recent acquisition was a RIA ultra single stack.
                        Don’t own anything RRA - yet [emoji51]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Interesting comparison
                            A noted handgun expert wrote that his wife has used a .45, 260 grain, lead Semi Wad Cutter at 900 FPS to take five Mule Deer and his son has used the same load to take a nice Mule Deer Buck …

Comment

I have 3 EAA/Tanfoglio Witness guns. 2 "Match" and a limited. 1 Match is 9mm the other 2 are in 40.

They are fabulous guns. Maybe not STI quality but man I ran the crap out of the guns in competition. I would love the hunter in 10mm.

Matt

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Comment

Another vote for Rock Island Ultra. I bought mine from a TBH'er (thanks again Brian) and love it. It shoots better than I do. I don't have any trigger time on the others mentioned. Good luck in your search.

Comment

Working...
                              X