Who else is excited.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who else is excited.....

For dove season to kick off the new huntin season? I'm always glad to see dove season come around. It's a sign that this stupid Summer heat is almost to an end and feathers and fur is gonna start flying. I wish Winter would show up already so I can start predator huntin. Summer time is sooooo boring. Women wear less in the Summer time, that's about the only thing good about it. But after seeing that girl wearing shorty shorts and a belly shirt at the grocery store today I'm over it. She was built like a baked potato. Time for cold weather to get here so that gal can put some **** clothes on. Ain't nobody tryin to see that.

Who else is ready to kill some stuff?
    Last edited by okrattler; 08-29-2021, 02:15 PM.

Could end up being a short work week in town with a Wednesday opener.

Comment

Originally posted by Kingfisher789 View Post
      Could end up being a short work week in town with a Wednesday opener.
      Dude that's what I'm talkin about. I told my buddies the same thing but they're like oh no lets go after work like responsible adults......why? It's the opener of dove season. I don't wanna work like that. They didn't actually say that but that's pretty much what they said. I work hard all the time. Work ain't gonna miss me that much.

Comment

I finally got some dove loads for a reasonable price so I'm pretty happy about that. I held off buying any of that $12 a box stuff. I about had a cow when I saw those. Got some for a little over $6 a box. Not too bad.

Comment

Is it being responsible or too “busy” to hunt?

Comment

Hard to get excited when I don't see many birds flying. This year has been as low as I've ever seen.

I don't mind sitting in the heat and humidity to shoot birds. I hate sitting in heat and humidity doing nothing.

Comment

I'm not too excited. My grandsons shotgun is still at Nagels to get the stock shortened. A 2 week promise has turned into Thursday next week. Week 5. I even bought him a mojo Last week.

Comment

Originally posted by Kingfisher789 View Post
                Is it being responsible or too “busy” to hunt?
                Well I think in their case they both looked at the weather forecast and saw 98 degrees that day and now all the sudden they have to work, where there's air conditioning.LOL They didn't say nothin about work until they looked at the weather channel.

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
                  I'm not too excited. My grandsons shotgun is still at Nagels to get the stock shortened. A 2 week promise has turned into Thursday next week. Week 5. I even bought him a mojo Last week.
                  I hope he can get his gun back ASAP. Some of the best memories I have are of me huntin with my grandpa. I don't doubt that he'll be able to say the same thing.

Son of a guns better make it snappy. He's got some shootin to do.
                  Last edited by okrattler; 08-29-2021, 02:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ThisLadyHunts View Post
                    Hard to get excited when I don't see many birds flying. This year has been as low as I've ever seen.

I don't mind sitting in the heat and humidity to shoot birds. I hate sitting in heat and humidity doing nothing.
                    Dang it. I keep expecting the rain to come through and leave water standing everywhere so the birds are all spread out. I've seen it happen many times.

Comment

Originally posted by ThisLadyHunts View Post

LOL 😂 I 2nd that haven’t seen any birds around here, maybe will
                      Head west to el dorado for some Eurasia dove and morning dove mix

Comment

I was but being the one in our group putting together the trip, this year has been a beatdown. Started with 17 now at 9. It’ll be my last time to be the lead.

Comment

It has been quite a few years since I have enjoyed a really good dove season. Birds have been scarce in the area of Burnet county I hunt. But, I hope everyone has good luck and maybe this year will be better fly overs.

Comment

Just pulled into our place 20 min ago, can't wait!!
                            The 100lb dog that the guy next door put in our cellar, is going to be another story.
                            Rotted, 10 million maggots, everything in there ruined.
                            Waiting on the sheriff now, before dad kills him.

Comment

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
                              Just pulled into our place 20 min ago, can't wait!!
                              The 100lb dog that the guy next door put in our cellar, is going to be another story.
                              Rotted, 10 million maggots, everything in there ruined.
                              Waiting on the sheriff now, before dad kills him.
                              Oh.....my.....God. That's a special kind of gross.

Comment

Working...
                              X