Stand Fill Feeders?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stand Fill Feeders?

I am getting to the age I need to go to stand and fill or winch/cable style. How do the stand and fills hold up to hogs? Do they throw corn far enough like a regular feeder? Other issues that might need to be addressed? I think I would build myself using my current 55 gallon drum feeders-any build suggestions?

They throw corn the same. Krivoman makes a cool direction flanged feeder head that I’ve been wanting to try. It looks like it launches corn. I personally have had no issues with pigs but am curious to hear other people’s opinions there.

Here’s what I’ve seen as far as using a 55 gal barrel. You can find this video on YouTube

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

All I did was cut the length of the legs down on mine. Just shorten the leg length.

Comment

Stand Fill Feeders?

My stand and fills are holding up to hogs (and cows) just fine. I guess it really depends on how well yours is built and the base... The ASFs at Bucees are hard to beat for the $399 price....

Last edited by Smart; 04-18-2021, 06:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lynn21 View Post
          All I did was cut the length of the legs down on mine. Just shorten the leg length.
          This is what I did too. I rarely have pigs and trap the coons. Beats the hail out of climbing a ladder in the bed of my truck....with 50 lbs. of corn.

Comment

I was in the same boat. Tired of messing with the winches or climbing a ladder. I've been buying lamco.
            The low and throw are great. Really slings the corn out.

Have had nothing but luck with these. I'm not against any of the others mentioned, I just haven't used them.
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
              My stand and fills are holding up to hogs (and cows) just fine. I guess it really depends on how well yours is built and the base... The ASFs at Bucees are hard to beat for the $399 price....

This! I went all ASF stand and fills and I’ve been very impressed.

Comment

Also a fan of the Lamco low and throws and use them at my lease but it’s hard to beat the $399 price tag

Comment

We've been replacing all our tall corn feeders and winch up feeders with stand and fills over the last few years. I've been buying the 1000# All Seasons and haven't had any damage or issues from hogs, cows or coons. The welded wire cages are well built, and they sling a wide pattern of corn just fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Lynn21 View Post

I did the same thing

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                      Also a fan of the Lamco low and throws and use them at my lease but it’s hard to beat the $399 price tag
                      You got that right.

Comment

Texas Wildlife supply. The very best on the market. If there’s a tougher feeder then I haven’t seen it.

Comment

Who makes a good directional stand & fill?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Unless you stake it firmly the hogs can toss them around empty.So far ours are holding up well and we won't go back to the winch ups.

Comment

I have several Lamco low and throw feeders now and there isn’t any other stand and fill that I would recommend other than those.

Comment

Working...
                              X